Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   any advice? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432712)

mom22sofar 08-16-2012 11:45 AM

any advice?

I bought a couple of diapers from a very nice mama at the end of July (I sent pp on the 25th I believe). the first week of August I got a note (I think it was the 3rd) that she had sent me the wrong package and another mama got mine. Sucks, but an honest mistake. She said the other mama would send them back to her and then she would ship them out to me priority (I am in Canada). I have been pming regularly asking for updates as I haven't heard much without prompting and the last I received yesterday was that the other mama had sent them back but she hadn't gotten them yet. I have not received the 'wrong' diapers yet in the mail. She had said I should just send them back return to sender, but I got to thinking, can I do that with an international package? anyone know? How long do I wait for mine to be sent? It is over 3 weeks now since this all started and I am a little nervous. She has been very nice and has good feedback and such, but I am just nervous with this being across the border whether it will go smoothly or not. Can I just send the package return to sender without paying additional shipping (when it actually arrives)?

I_run_with_scissors 08-16-2012 12:13 PM

Re: any advice?

ive done that as a seller before, thankfully the mamas agreed to swap info and i paid their shipping

anyways if youre not comfortable anyone just ask for a refund, as for returning the other ones i think you can still just write refused/return to sender on something international - just bring it back to the PO

expaik 08-16-2012 12:27 PM

Re: any advice?

Please do not do Return To Sender. You have no idea what a nerve-wracking wait you're in for. RTS takes forever even WITHIN the US; the USPS places those items in the very lowest of low priorities, lower than medial mail. I had an eBay buyer who had a change of heart do a RTS on a first class package, he was just one state away, and it took 2 weeks to get back to me (it took only 2 days to get to him in the first place). Heavier packages will easily take over a month within the US, so I can only imagine it can take much longer internationally and there's a great risk of loss (without any way of tracking or finding out where the package is).

Just have the seller send you PP payment to ship the package directly to the other mama. You can either send international priority (which includes DC), or first-class with insurance (which is cheaper). Either way you have some peace of mind about its arrival to the destination.