Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Has anyone seen polyamorous: Married and dating? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1432729)

mom22sofar 08-16-2012 11:25 AM

Has anyone seen polyamorous: Married and dating?

I just saw this show advertised as a new reality program about a family that is a triad (two women and one guy) and another that they describe as a pod-two married couples living together collectively and I guess communely (not sure if that is the right way to describe it). No judgment from my part, it would totally not be my thing, but I really don't have any issues with consenting adults and how they want to live their lives as long as they are good people contributing to their community and taking care of their family. I am just super curious what the show is like? Has anyone seen it? I think it is a showtime show, but not sure.

Kabuki24 08-16-2012 11:26 AM

Re: Has anyone seen polyamorous: Married and dating?

bummer it's on showtime, I'd find a show like that fastinating.

KaleidoscopeEyes 08-16-2012 12:12 PM

hmm that sounds interesting. i was approached on another forum by someone wanting to interview us for a new show. i wasnt interested and i dont think we are what they are looking for anyway.

ktmelody 08-16-2012 12:29 PM

I watch it every week. Doesn really do the lifestyle much justice. Its alllll about sex. Seriously the pod (they have up to 10 lovers) have sex all.day.long. The head wifey lady is so touchy feely it grosses me out. Lol.

It is on showtime. Been on for over a month now.

The triad is a little more normal.

Its a fun watch but it really is just soft ****.

KaleidoscopeEyes 08-16-2012 12:42 PM

ooh sounds like my kind of show lol typical showtime

ktmelody 08-16-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes
ooh sounds like my kind of show lol typical showtime

:giggle: i love watching it. But the older married couple skeeves me out. Lol. The triad is cute but they all have inner working issues.

All the older couple talks about is "feelings" then they have sex. Hahahaha.

JennTheMomma 08-16-2012 12:49 PM

I'm always fascinated by those shows. Totally wouldn't work for me, my lifestyle and family, but kuddos to those who do it. I think polygamy should be legal (consenting adults and all).

babylove921 08-16-2012 01:04 PM

Well that lifestyle would be against my religion, but....... I have flirted with the idea. I'd love a sisterwife.

ktmelody 08-16-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babylove921
Well that lifestyle would be against my religion, but....... I have flirted with the idea. I'd love a sisterwife.

Its not a man with many wives (polyamory). This show is a triad and a group of people (men and women) that are all in relationships with other men and women. Some are bisexual, others are straight etc. but it is not polygamy.

In the triad the 2 women are lovers and they are also lovers with the man. They also have relations with other men and women. Not for me but I have no issues with it at all. Just wish the show was less about sex and more about relationships.

Almacham 08-16-2012 01:15 PM

Surprisingly, no... we have not watched that show! :giggle:

We need our own show over here. :D