Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Boy using public bathroom, mom doesn't want to get splashed. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1433178)

glenbockie 08-17-2012 02:48 PM

Boy using public bathroom, mom doesn't want to get splashed.

My son is 20 months, and I am finally getting him to go potty in public places. He currently pees sitting down on the seat, and I don't think he understands he can pee in the toilet standing up. Also, I don't think he is even tall enough to pee in the toilet standing on his own.

I currently have a Pottete Plus travel potty that I take in the public bathrooms BUT there is no splash guard. I am always peed on until we can adjust him to lean forward to pee down, and by that time he is done.

Can you provide me some suggestions on how to get a young boy to pee in the toilet and not on his mother? Is there other travel seats (that fit on large public toilets) that have a splash guards?

fantasia1117 08-17-2012 02:58 PM

Re: Boy using public bathroom, mom doesn't want to get splashed.

I just taught my son, from the beginning to point his penis down into the toilet when he sits. He uses his hand and does it by himself with no problems. He even reminds his younger brother.

ambieone 08-17-2012 03:03 PM

I let my son stand on the seat to go. Have you tried that?

krispy79 08-30-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantasia1117
I just taught my son, from the beginning to point his penis down into the toilet when he sits. He uses his hand and does it by himself with no problems. He even reminds his younger brother.

Yes, everytime I said "point it down" and at 3.5 he still pushes it way down into the toilet.
He is FINALLY starting to stand on his own and I really feel it helped him gain better understanding of whats going to happen if he doesnt and better aim. Even standing he never makes a mess, maybe just a few drips here and there.

Sent from my (not so)Smartphone using DS Forum

Nerissa 08-30-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantasia1117 (Post 15557741)

this-- both my boys do this.

DS1 is a sitter. He will not or does not want to stand to pee, fine with me I really don't care how he does it.

DS2 is a stander except he is too short for most public toilets so he sits and pushes penis down. No problems.

I have never been peed on once they pt. Now changeing diapers, I got peed on all the time.

LaurelBelle 10-28-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambieone

We do this

Nickel+3 10-28-2012 09:42 PM

I have my boys stand on the seat facing away from me and they just pee down into the toilet. And even at 3 and 2, they still do it that way. I think with my girl I'll just have her squat on the seat that way the only thing touching is their shoes!

sgarcia32 10-29-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambieone (Post 15557754)

I was going to suggest the same thing. He will need to learn how to pee standing up at some point. Its one of the great things about having a boy! You don't have to hassle with a ton of seat covers or holding your LO up so they don't fall in!:giggle: and not to mention the fear of having to your LO touch something unpleasant! I can be a germaphobe :)
Luckily my son refuses to go number 2 in public restrooms.