Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Morning sickness question/poll of sorts (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1433924)

Addicted2Chocolate 08-19-2012 09:21 PM

Morning sickness question/poll of sorts

I've been wanting to ask this question for several weeks now. Has anyone found morning sickness to be worse with one gender vs another?

I ask because with all 3 of my previous pregnancies I suffered SEVERE morning sickness which was more like 24/7 during the first trimester and resulted in vomiting daily all the way up till birth. We have 3 healthy girls to show for it. But man did it suck!

Here I am 7 weeks pregnant with #4 and I have had only occasional bouts of nausea/upset stomach. Nothing that a few pretzels can't fix. I'm seriously suspecting we are having a boy this time around.

Has anyone else experienced worse morning sickness with one baby gender vs another? I feel like the luckiest woman alive to have not gotten sick "yet".

KLeeCW 08-19-2012 09:33 PM

Re: Morning sickness question/poll of sorts

I'll get back to you in a few weeks after I find out what's incubating in me right now. With DS, I had morning sickness but it was pretty typical. With this baby, I've had pretty awful HG that has had me bedridden sometimes for days on end. At almost 36 weeks I still get sick at least once a week and feel nauseous practically daily.

Michelle_M 08-19-2012 09:37 PM

Honestly... I had bad morning sickness with my three boys.

With DS1 it was ALL THE TIME sickness and I had it MY WHOLE pregnancy, except for about a month right in the middle of my second trimester. It was so bad that I actually had to call in several times... I was a waitress at Olive Garden, LOL.

With DS2, my morning sickness was so bad in my first trimester that I lost about 15 pounds and my doctor had to prescribe me medication so that I could actually eat and stop getting sick all the time.

With DS3.. the morning sickness was mostly in my first trimester, not quite as bad as the first two boys.. but pretty bad.

This pregnancy, I'm 35 weeks along with a girl. I had very little sickness in my first two trimesters, just occasionally. I have moderate morning sickness now, which started about 3 weeks ago.. but still no where NEAR as bad as it was with DS1.

So... for me.. bad sickness with boys, very mild sickness with this girl.

God bless!

KingsDaughter76 08-19-2012 10:02 PM

I can tell you what I am carrying when I am preggo by 8 weeks based on how bad my nausea is! lol! Seriously....I get REALLY bad sick when pregnant with boys and only mildly sick when pregnant with girls! I have been right every single time! lol!

erlyjo 08-19-2012 10:12 PM

I was way more sick with my boys, but I'm not sure if it was because of gender, or because for those 2 pregnancies I had to take progesterone supplements during the first trimester.

thealmightyme 08-19-2012 11:19 PM

I have 3 boys, and never had sicknesses. I can't really compare though, I don't have a girl.

my2sweets 08-20-2012 06:11 AM

I had a little morning sickness with the girls-not bad, only nauseated, never threw up, crackers always made it go away, only lasted 6ish wks. This pregnancy, a boy this time, I havent had any morning sickness at all.

mommycass 08-20-2012 06:38 AM

I think it depends on the mama. I have 3(a boy and 2 girls) and one growing(find out gender in 3 wks). With my son I had afternoon/night sickness, DD1 wasn't to bad, DD2 I had all day sickness, and with this LO I've had bad all day sickness until 12wks. I think its a boy though because I'm having bad allergies and sinus issues and I had the same issues with my son.

canadianbakers 08-20-2012 06:47 AM

Yup.
I had little to no morning sickness with my boys - a little bit of queasiness, only threw up once with DS1 (that was right after eating fried stuff, which I realized I had an aversion to, lol) and not at all with the other 2 boys.
I had horrid m/s with the girls - more than queasy (like, the gulping, amost-in-your-mouth :puke:), sometimes mornings were okay but it always kicked in hard in the afternoon and worsened until bedtime. I did vomit a lot with DD1 for the first week, but then was able to stop myself. With DD2 I didn't let myself vomit ever.

This time m/s kicked in last week (5wks) and has been definitely like DD2's pregnancy. That both terrifies me (because of losing her) and excites me (because everyone wants a baby sister).

joeslittlewoman 08-20-2012 06:47 AM

I had severe morning sickness with ODS, but very mild morning sickness with YDS. this time around it is somewhere in between, but no vomiting, and I can sometimes manage it with frequent carby meals, ugh. No idea what baby #3 is yet.