Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Benjamin Dean <3 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1433998)

andyoly82 08-20-2012 07:26 AM

Benjamin Dean <3

Benjamin's Birth Story

After being sent home late on the 15th I went home knowing Benjamin would arrive very soon. I spent several hours on my yoga ball, ate some dinner and laid down to try and sleep. Thankfully my FIL had flown in earlier that day and spent the night at our house.

Around 430 I awoke and took a hot shower to ease my discomfort. I still wasn't having any real contractions and wanted to get things rolling. I spent another hour on my yoga ball and laid down until the sun came up so I could go for a nice long morning walk. I had a few ctx during my walk but nothing major. When I came home I told DH I wanted to go back in and see what my OB said considering I was at 5cm the night before and had been feeling a lot more discomfort. I figured since my BH had been causing cervical change it couldn't hurt.

We arrived at L&D around 830 and after being checked by the midwife I was told it was baby time!! I was 6cm,75%. I cried because I was so happy. I was admitted and the dr who checked me said I was only at 4-5cm (so objective) but the monitor was picking up ctx so they wanted to see how I progressed. After two hours the dr checked and called me a solid 6cm and broke my water. My ctx picked up a lot but after two hours with no change and no sleep the night before I decided to have an epidural. That was a horrible idea. After 4 sticks and the Dr hitting my hip nerve (oh my the pain!) it didn't take. It numbed up my legs from mid thigh down. My right leg got most of the epi meds and was so dead I couldn't move it.

Benjamin was sunny side up so I had a ton of painful back labor. About 30 min after my epi the nurse checked me and I was at 7 and 100%. I labored in quite a bit of pain and cried that I couldn't do it any longer when I started feeling the most horrible pain ever. My ctx were about 20-30 seconds apart and I was having so much rectal pain. The nurses pages the dr in and I was pushing within seconds. After 6 hard pushes I was holding my little guy. He's perfect. I am so in love with how amazing he is.

My DH was so wonderful through it all and never left my side. I am so blessed to have someone so strong who was able to lift me up when I was so low.

Benjamin is doing great and is such a piggy. We are just loving life!

chach4 08-20-2012 07:32 AM

Congrats!, and welcome to the world Benjamin!. We would love to see pics of the little man.

mama2seth&trey 08-20-2012 08:51 AM

Re: Benjamin Dean <3

congrats mama!

ecomother 08-20-2012 09:05 AM

Congratulations on your new little guy!! Sorry about the epi mishap though, that sucks that it didn't take away your pain :hugs:

andyoly82 08-20-2012 12:04 PM

^i was upset and happy about it. I wanted a natural birth but couldn't get over the mental block I had. That helped.

I want to post pictures but it won't let me :( it says the format is wrong :(

bohemianxchaos 08-20-2012 01:01 PM

Congrats!!

'Smartphone' approved ;)

rosenfried2 08-20-2012 07:22 PM

Congrats Andrea!

mamaerica 08-20-2012 09:30 PM

Welcome to the world, Benjamin!! :)

jemilyon 08-20-2012 09:43 PM

Ugh! Ive heard back labor is the worst. Thank God you were able to push him out so quickly even though he was posterior!
Good job, Andrea!!!! :) loved the fb pics...post more! :)
Also, hows his circ? We are a day behind you
Guys and im so looking forward to Isaiahs healing so we can start cding!

momomom 08-20-2012 11:05 PM

yay andrea! congrats!!!