Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   What is going on? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1434028)

BeccaSueCongdon 08-20-2012 08:24 AM

What is going on?

I'm hoping some of you who are actively avoiding (possibly with charting or NFP) and know cycle stuff off the top of your head might be able to interpret something for me. :-)

I usually have 28-31 day cycles, ovulating Btwn day 14-19, usually 7-19. This cycle has been super weird (possibly bc of medication). Af was short for me last month, we dtd on cycle day 6. On day 25 (Saturday) I started spotting. More yesterday (day 26) and this morning (day 27) spotting.

I'm so confused. I've never spotted before day 28, ever. And the longest I've had spotting is two days, but spotting before a period is rare (it's happened once).

Anyone got the whole conception timeline memorized? Does this fit with conception and implantation bleeding? I'd do the math myself but I'm spacey and my 4yo and 16mo are demanding breakfast. :-/

BeccaSueCongdon 08-20-2012 08:27 AM

Also, if this COULD be implantation bleeding, when would I get a BFP if I POAS?

We're trying to avoid for a few more years but got lazy this time around and assumed day 6 was too early to get pregnant.

Fishie Kisses 08-20-2012 08:34 AM

Re: What is going on?

I haven't heard of implantation bleeding lasting so many days, but anything is possible! A test should be accurate by Wed, and blaringly obvious by the end of the week.

BeccaSueCongdon 08-20-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses
I haven't heard of implantation bleeding lasting so many days, but anything is possible! A test should be accurate by Wed, and blaringly obvious by the end of the week.

Ok. Thanks. I it's the beginning of AF, that should be here by then too. So hopefully no POAS needed. :-)

abunchoflemons 08-20-2012 09:04 AM

I had spotting odd times 3rd time only here plus horrible cramps & headaches( ob saie was my body trying to af & baby hung on)...... His sperm alive for 6-7 days so could be implantation bleed & u expecting. Hoping 4 what u want. Ours was suprise & unplanned.

BeccaSueCongdon 08-20-2012 10:46 AM

I definitely want another baby. :-) So if it IS a baby I'd like it to "stick." But now isn't ideal for us. I'm recovering from some depression that was triggered by an abusive church situation and am taking medication to handle PTSD while we do counseling. :-/ it's working really well, and a BFP would mean the medication has to stop, which would be scary to me.

If this isn't a baby, then I need to figure out some birth control options other than NFP and the pull & pray. *eye roll*. Hormonal stuff would work with my medication (it makes your body metabolize too fast so the birth control wouldn't work right), and I'm really not a fan of condoms.

What are you all using to avoid?

Kap7270 08-20-2012 11:17 AM

It sounds a little late for implantation to me. Sperm generally live 3-5 days, so that would put your latest o date as cd 11. Implantation is usually 6-8 days later, but this spotting would be two weeks later. Some women spot occasionally during early pregnancy - not even associated with implantation. If you really o'd on cd 11 and got pregnant, then a hpt would likely be positive now. I would probably test.

BeccaSueCongdon 08-20-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kap7270
It sounds a little late for implantation to me. Sperm generally live 3-5 days, so that would put your latest o date as cd 11. Implantation is usually 6-8 days later, but this spotting would be two weeks later. Some women spot occasionally during early pregnancy - not even associated with implantation. If you really o'd on cd 11 and got pregnant, then a hpt would likely be positive now. I would probably test.

Yay cycle math! :-) I'll do that tomorrow if I'm still spotting. I did have early spotting/bleeding with both previous pregnancies.

Kap7270 08-20-2012 05:28 PM

Keep us posted!

firemommaof1 08-20-2012 08:14 PM

Probably just off due to medication is my guess. Implantation spotting usually isn't that long. I would test in a few more days to make sure but I'm assuming your in the clear.