Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Gerber Good Start Soothe (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1434503)

blueone 08-21-2012 12:32 PM

Gerber Good Start Soothe

Has anyone tried Good Start Soothe? It's supposed to be good for babies with milk sensitivity, but yet it's not hypoallergenic. DD is 3 months and has been on Nutramigen for roughly 3ish months and it would be nice to have her on a more affordable formula. But I'm afraid to try it. She got so much better once she was on it.

DS literally only did good on Similac Sensitive and the one time we tried him on a good start gentle he got really bad. But maybe if it was the Soothe he would have been fine.

susan6070 08-21-2012 07:23 PM

According to the dietitian from gerber, all their formula have the basic recipe. They use partially broken down whey protein and add probiotic or prebiotics. If I remember correctly, it's not suitable for babies with milk sensitivity or intolerance. I could be wrong.
We tried the soothe version because we wanted to see if L. reuteri would actually help but then we found out that my baby was milk and corn sensitive.
My baby is taking Alimentum RTF and I totally feel your pain. Look on the bright side, at least they are not on Neocate or Elecare. Those are pricey. My baby was on them for a few weeks.

blueone 08-21-2012 08:53 PM

Re: Gerber Good Start Soothe

Thanks! It is a good positive that it's not elecare.

clnapoli 09-01-2012 08:59 AM

I tried soothe and hated it. I found that it didn't mix at all! There were so many lumps:( My LO is on Enfamil Gentlease now and I like it so much better.

busyteacher 09-13-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clnapoli (Post 15623599)
I tried soothe and hated it. I found that it didn't mix at all! There were so many lumps:( My LO is on Enfamil Gentlease now and I like it so much better.

If you heat the water it mixes perfectly. We are on the gentle version.

laura1982 09-14-2012 08:58 AM

Have you checked with your doctor? My baby has a milk protein intolerance and has been on Similac Alimentum (so expensive, ugh). Our pediatric gastroenterologist said we could try GoodStart or GentleEase when she turns 8 months, but not before. Personally, I am not willing to switch things up without the guidance of my doc.

3girlsallnaughty 09-16-2012 06:56 AM

Nutramigen AA is $55/can here...and its 1 level scoop to 1oz/water..not like other formulas that are 1s/2oz....we are apending roughly $850-$900/m and he's only 5m

blueone 09-17-2012 08:34 AM

We are going to see a pediatrician tomorrow. Otherwise we are staying with nutramigen for the time being. I was just curious about the new Good Start. They made it seem like it was similar to Nutramigen.

laura1982 09-17-2012 05:03 PM

Keep us posted. Good luck!

angelalaws09 11-09-2012 10:37 AM

we have been using nutramigen and the GI dr suggested we try gerber good start gentle or soothe around 6 months to see if he can tolerate it better now. It was a no go. :-( He is 8 months now and we will probably try again around 9 months. I wish we could spend less on formula, Nutramigen is killing our bank account but he is worth every penny!!