Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Under 2 years apart? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1434717)

dreamingoffireflies 08-21-2012 10:22 PM

Under 2 years apart?

My little guy is 10 months old and I'm TTC #2. I had planned to wait a bit longer, but DH won me over. I am excited, but getting nervous about the realities of life with a newborn and a less-than-2-year-old boy who is getting more active by the day.

For those of you with similar spacing, especially for your first two, I'd love to hear about your experience. Thanks! :goodvibes:

twinpossible 08-21-2012 10:59 PM

Re: Under 2 years apart?

Well this one is not born yet but he or she will be 23 months younger then my twins (who are now 16 months). I do not have too much to share now but I can say that dealing with severe morning sickness and two twin toddlers can be...interesting. :lostit:
I think there are advantages and disadvantages to any age gap, I guess I will let you know what I learn! I am interested to hear what other mama's say about 2 or 3 under the age of 2.

Rockinmama24 08-22-2012 01:01 PM

My 1st to are just shy of 17 months apart & the spacing was perfect for me. The 3rd was 4 years after #2 & the 4th was 6.5 years after #3. The last 2 spacings were/are hard for me.

thekuligs 08-22-2012 03:23 PM

My first 2 are 15 months apart. I am thinking of having another one close to Thistle because she is the only one without a buddy ;)

m0mof6 08-22-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekuligs
My first 2 are 15 months apart. I am thinking of having another one close to Thistle because she is the only one without a buddy ;)

Had to lol at this. My kids are pairs. My oldest are 23 months apart, my middles are 21 months apart and my littles are 19 months apart. My YDD is the only one we TTC an that was because YDS was by himself. He would have been the only one with out an "other" and MDS is 5 yrs older.

lensesforeyes 08-22-2012 04:48 PM

My first is almost four years younger than my second, but then there is 17 months to my third, and then 13 months to my fourth. #2 turned 2.5 literally two days before #4 was born. Due with #5 in Dec, will be 20.5 months younger than #4. If you want to chat about life with close in age babes, feel free to message me. :goodvibes:

twinpossible 08-22-2012 05:50 PM

lensesforeyes: I would love to hear some pointers on the first couple months. I am a little worried about my girls regressing...

lovebabies 08-22-2012 06:12 PM

My first two are 16 mo apart, and #2 and #3 are 17 mo apart. I love the spacing! Having two under two was really not bad at all. We hung out in the living room a lot for the first few months (we gated off the whole thing so it was a safe area for my 16 mo when I had a NB). She could play and I would sit in my big chair and nurse and talk to her. The best thing that happened was the baby got on the same nap routine because I'd put #1 down for a nap and then take #2 to bed with me and take a nap. So they've napped at the same time since birth, basically. I'm doing the same thing with #3 also, and it helps because I have a little chance to nap or fold laundry or something. I'd encourage you to get a good carrier for the baby so you can be hands free around the house, and only have one kid to have to hang onto when you're out.

You can do it, mama! Just take it one day at a time, and you'll find what works best for your family. Fwiw, I think it actually got easier for me having two than one because they could entertain each other!

abunchoflemons 08-22-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekuligs (Post 15579015)

That's how my sil has 8 kids. But I hear potty training easy. When u do one the other is close to follow ( my mil & my cousin). I have bigger gap of 6.5 yrs or so & older most of the time helps at night pick ups, diaper grabber, small towel folder......

alyssa&rylan's-mommy 08-22-2012 07:41 PM

My first two were 17 months apart and we had next to no issues with regression, jealousy, or anything like that! Then there was 2.5 years between DS and DD2, but there will only be 14 months between DD2 and DD3, so I'm hoping for another smooth transition!