Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   I'm new here, so... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1434729)

BeccaSueCongdon 08-21-2012 11:30 PM

I'm new here, so...

Just wanted tk say "hi" to the TTA crew. :-) I've got a 4 yo boy and a 16mo girl, and a short list of "to do's" before we ttc baby #3.

I'm really hoping we'll have a third, but DH isn't excited about a third, and we have a lot to sort through before a third would be feasible.

I saw the thread about people TTA but wanting more kids. I'd love to hear what prevention you are all using - those who plan on more kids.

blesdfish 08-22-2012 11:58 AM

Re: I'm new here, so...

ME ME! :yay:

I want more but not any time soon, we want to wait at least 2years. DH isn't sure he wants more. Our 4 are all pretty close together and I had a really rough pregnancy with my last. We are charting, or at least trying to get the hang of it.

sh0rtchica 08-29-2012 07:08 PM

I'm new here too :) I always wanted to have mine all 2 years apart, but there's no way I could handle another one anytime soon. My 3yr old is just too much to handle. So now I'm putting off #3 until late 2014, unless we have an oops. I'm honestly having a hard time. While I'm not one of those who adore pregnancy, I don't hate it and I really miss having a new squish. A lot of my friends are expecting and I'm jealous! That said I also have a medical reason not to get knocked up right now, so we are TTA. Oh DH also says he's done, but I'm not. Lol. He knows I want a big family, so he can suck it up.

As for avoiding, we are currently mostly using condoms. I used to chart but am having a hard time getting started again. I keep losing my thermometer, never wake up the same time of day, and am still nursing a lot at night. My cycles are also totally whacked out for the first time ever. They used to be practically the same day every month, but now it's anywhere from 29 to 47 days. I'm going to have to get it together a little better than this if I want to avoid pregnancy for the next year and a half!

BeccaSueCongdon 08-29-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blesdfish
ME ME! :yay:

I want more but not any time soon, we want to wait at least 2years. DH isn't sure he wants more. Our 4 are all pretty close together and I had a really rough pregnancy with my last. We are charting, or at least trying to get the hang of it.

Nice to meet you!

BeccaSueCongdon 08-29-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh0rtchica
I'm new here too :) I always wanted to have mine all 2 years apart, but there's no way I could handle another one anytime soon. My 3yr old is just too much to handle. So now I'm putting off #3 until late 2014, unless we have an oops. I'm honestly having a hard time. While I'm not one of those who adore pregnancy, I don't hate it and I really miss having a new squish. A lot of my friends are expecting and I'm jealous! That said I also have a medical reason not to get knocked up right now, so we are TTA. Oh DH also says he's done, but I'm not. Lol. He knows I want a big family, so he can suck it up.

As for avoiding, we are currently mostly using condoms. I used to chart but am having a hard time getting started again. I keep losing my thermometer, never wake up the same time of day, and am still nursing a lot at night. My cycles are also totally whacked out for the first time ever. They used to be practically the same day every month, but now it's anywhere from 29 to 47 days. I'm going to have to get it together a little better than this if I want to avoid pregnancy for the next year and a half!

Nice to meet you! :-) thx for sharing!

Anna0623 10-09-2012 01:06 PM

I have a 4 /2 year old dd, a 2 1/2 ds. We are tta for the next three months. I'm trying to get a few more classes done for my bachelors, and start my internship this spring. But come late december I will be having my mirena taken out and we will begin ttcing in January hoping for an october baby since our bdays are september, december, february, and march. Oh ds will be 3 in december so my two will be a big help with #3.

firemommaof1 10-25-2012 08:53 PM

We want more but not right now. I'm still EBF my 17 month old. We use condoms and try to avoid around O time.