Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Exhausted! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1434890)

Rainfall 08-22-2012 12:04 PM

Exhausted!

The last couple of days I've been struggling to keep my eyes open. Gah, this is NOT the right time for daily naps again, lol. I have way, way too much left on my to-do list to be taking nap breaks during the day.

Anyone else all of a sudden really, really tired all of the time?

Hoping to get my pregnancy journal caught up and then DS2's baby book finished this week, but I have to be awake to do them! :lostit:

Eileen 08-22-2012 05:45 PM

Re: Exhausted!

Yes, I've been exhausted...darn third tri! My MW told me a few weeks ago that I needed to be getting 60-70g of protein a day, and when I started keeping track after that I realized I hadn't been getting anywhere near enough. Upping that helped me a TON. Now I still feel tired, but I can keep my eyes open most of the time :)

happysmileylady 08-22-2012 05:55 PM

ME! Complicating matters is the dang insomnia that keeps me up at night. So I am up until 2am, then having to get up at 6am, and then just exhausted the rest of the day, barely awake fro a few hours, then finally napping at 1 in the afternoon, which I think contributes to being awake late at night!

Gardyloo 08-22-2012 10:56 PM

Yes! I'm so tired! And I'm having the insomnia problem, too, though it seems a little better this week. It's rare that I actually get to take a nap during the day, but I sure could use one. Eileen, I'll have to try upping my protein and see if that helps. I'll try anything at this point!

photocowgirl 08-23-2012 11:27 AM

I was just thinking how exhausted I have been the last few days... and insomnia, check... I've been feeling really good, but think it's starting to catch up to me... I can't bend over without having to take a huge breathe when I stand up and babes turning into a chunk so it's harder to breath...

happysmileylady 08-23-2012 11:35 AM

I think my low iron is also contributing to the exhaustion, but I am constantly forgetting to take my supplement.

Rainfall 08-23-2012 12:29 PM

I have low iron, too, but I can't take supplements because they break me out in hives. :( I should up the protein, too. Gah, I wish I had a nutritionist, grocery shopper, and chef. It just seems like so much work to figure out a different eating plan this far along. lol I'm tired. I don't wanna.

Oh, and my boobs ITCH like crazy. I'm constantly scratching them. UGH!! I'd better not be getting any more stretch marks on them because they're already marked up enough, dangit. :(

dannic 08-23-2012 10:14 PM

80 grams of protein and 2 tbsp of chlorophyll daily. helps so much. I drink mine in smoothies and oj...
natural vitality's clam mag helps me sleep much better...lavender oil as well...or roman chamomile.

As far as itchy anything stretching, lol, I have found coconut oil helps relieve that...worth a try, lol.

Just some tricks I've learned over these past 5 pregnancies...now all I need is a trick to get my toddler to get in and stay in bed! Before 10 pm please!:blush:
Hey, I didn't say I had it ALL figured out...:giggle:

Eileen 08-24-2012 09:11 AM

Oh my goodness, I am struggling to get 60g of protein - way to go with 80 dannic!! I need to get some protein shakes or bars or something because I'm always having a hard time getting those last 10-20g in and I find myself eating a lot of dairy, which is great for protein and I love it but is a little hard on my tummy.

Oh and the insomnia is rough too...someone in our neighborhood got a new puppy and it keeps barking like crazy at like 2am. :banghead: I am supposed to get almost 2 more months of NOT waking up at 2am, right!?!?

Sweetbabybows 08-27-2012 05:51 PM

I've been taking naps every day with Adrianna. I can put karmen in the room with us and she'll play on my phone and Adrianna will sleep in bed with me. I have so much to do and feels like no time to get it done :( I actally feel pretty good except for being so tired all the time and I do feel huge still measuring two weeks ahead. I'm already taking two iron pills everyday....I guess I'll try upping my protein hopefully that will help because I really don't have the time to be sleeping 3-4 hrs a day.

And the itching!! I don't have any stretch marks but my belly is covered in little scabs from me scratching it so much. Thanks dannic for the coconut oil tip.....I have some in the cabinet so I'm off to try it out.