Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Pls help me choose a ssc carrier. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1434956)

Mkfamily 08-22-2012 03:07 PM

Pls help me choose a ssc carrier.

My daughter is 16 months and loves to be carrier. Pls let me know what you have and why you love them. Thank you a bunch, mamas!! :)

Connor 08-22-2012 10:41 PM

I would suggest a Boba, Tula, or Kinderpack. :)

monkeybunns 08-22-2012 11:18 PM

I have had an Ergo and sold that after getting a Beco Butterfly. I have a 2G and 3G Boba and I reach for the 3G Boba the most. I love that there is a thing that snaps a purse strap on, I love how comfy it is, I love that DS can use the stirrups as needed (no SSC except Kinderpack goes knee to knee on a toddler so this helps them stay in the optimal m shape for proper hip development). I've never tried Kinderpack but have heard great things.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum-sometimes my iPod thinks it's a better speller than me...

monkeybunns 08-22-2012 11:21 PM

Oh yeah-I wore DS1 in my beco butterfly until I wasn't allowed during pregnancy (preterm labor) and he was 2.5 and like 27ish lbs-he rides in the Boba a few minutes here and there now at 4 yrs and 35+ lbs. DS2 rides regularly and is 19 m and 25+ lbs.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum-sometimes my iPod thinks it's a better speller than me...

cboytitan 08-22-2012 11:23 PM

Re: Pls help me choose a ssc carrier.

I have 2 Ergos - the Original and Sport. I like both of them for different reasons. I preferred the Original when DS was smaller, but now that he is bigger I do like my Sport.

I just recently purchased the Boba Air - and I really like it; it works great for quick trips, and I LOVE how tiny it gets; fits in the diaper bag great.

L&MsMamma 08-23-2012 12:40 AM

I have a Boba 3G, and Ergo, and a Butterfly II. I love them all for different reasons. I definitaly grab for the Boba most of the time when wearing my 23 lb. 2.5 yr old DD. I think my favorite of the 3 in general is probably the ergo, for some reason it just seems to fit me better. However, the foot stirrups on the Boba do make a BIG difference in distributing the weight making it more comfortable to carry her for long periods of time.

kbaby26 08-25-2012 09:28 PM

I used to use an Ergo, I thought it was so comfy - until I got a KinderPack that is! KinderPacks are way more comfy than Ergos!

Connor 08-26-2012 02:11 PM

Just for the record, there are multiple SSC that offer knee to knee coverage. :)

bluedaisyma 08-26-2012 03:40 PM

kanga....I had to sell mine but I loved that it had a very high headrest while allowing for arms out. I also love the beco 4th generation (you can only find them used). I found that the ergo and yamo (on ME) made my back hurt bc the body is shorter than the kanga, kinderpack, beco 4g, etc and I had a leaner. My sis loves her kinderpack and she has a really bad back. I don't like how puffy the straps are, though, for me.

Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique 09-03-2012 02:35 PM

I really like my Boba 3G. The adjustability between my husband and me is great and the height of the back and the foot straps is wonderful when the kids get older.

I have them all...and I really love this one. I don't think you can go wrong with a Boba or ERGO though, they are both great.