Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Friday or Monday? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435515)

kaimon 08-23-2012 07:52 PM

Friday or Monday?

If you had the choice which day would you choose to have off?

I have classes Tuesdays and Thursdays and I'm doing a writing job from home two days a week aside from that. But I get to pick which two. I'm thinking I'll work Monday and Wednesday and take Fridays off because when daycare has trips and events it's *usually* a Friday so this would allow me to go. But then the job is pretty flexible so I'm sure when events came up I could change that week if I wanted.

What would you do?

abunchoflemons 08-23-2012 08:28 PM

Re: Friday or Monday?

sounds good depending on class load.

5PrincessMommy 08-24-2012 02:57 AM

Friday's off. I hate Monday's but having Mon off just prolongs the week starting. Having fri off makes the week shorter in my mind LOL. I have Friday's off and love it. I do work one fri a month, but it's just for a field trip and my whole family can go.

smilewithme 08-24-2012 03:48 AM

I voted Monday...in case you have a packed weekend and need to get some homework done.
I took Mondays off for school.

kaimon 08-24-2012 05:57 AM

More details:

I'll be taking three courses. Lectures are Tuesday: 8:35-11:25, Thursday: 11:35-2:25 and 2:35-5:25

Work is from home, writing website content, blog posts and information for the public on a psychologist's website. It's from home but she expects 2 full days (7 hours) from me.

Nerissa 08-24-2012 06:13 AM

I voted Monday since DH has mondays off. It would be nice to always have one full day off together. Occasionally he has sundays off but usually works all weeked. I currently work M-F and he works Tues-Sund

wlillie 08-24-2012 06:29 AM

I'd do Wednesday to give me time to study for any tests I might have on Thursday.

kbz2002 08-24-2012 06:38 AM

I voted Monday, but that's because I like the idea of a long weekend. I figure a lot of people usually take off Fridays so if you need errands done, Monday would be easiest. I would probably go with Monday or Wednesday.

keonli 08-24-2012 08:10 AM

DH does Mondays. He had the option of Friday but he knew that if things had to get done (like working on the house) he'd be more tempted to go out Friday whereas Mondays, no one seems to want to party. LOL

KaleidoscopeEyes 08-24-2012 08:27 AM

i chose to work mon-wed and have the rest of the week off.