Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Weight loss bucket list (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435587)

blesdfish 08-24-2012 12:16 AM

Weight loss bucket list

Hi, I'm new in this area of DS!

Something in off topics got me thinking about what I want for myself when I finally lose this weight, my weight loss bucket list of sorts. I googled it and others have do e this also so I thought it would be fun to write mine out. Seeing things in writing sometimes helps me remember what I want when I feel like quitting.

So here it is, I want:

1. To wear "normal" clothes, no plus size specialty store.
2. A tattoo that I'm not afraid to show off.
3. To wear a somewhat stylish bathing suit.
4. To run/jog a mile without stopping.
5. To go to Pilates and blend in.
6. My husband to be proud to call me his wife.
7. To feel sexy!
8. To show my kids I am strong enough to overcome this.
9. To make my dad proud of me.
10. To hike a 14er in CO for our 10th anniversary and not die of a stroke!

I only made it to ten, I'm not going skydiving or hiking everest, it's just not my thing no matter how skinny I get!

What's on your list?

Wanderlust 08-24-2012 05:14 AM

Re: Weight loss bucket list

Great idea!

In the beginning mine were and still are:

1) To not look pregnant. I've accomplished this. I still have chub on my midsection, but now you can just tell I'm chunky :)

2) I want to wear my old clothes and stop having to wear DH's old tshirts. halfway there. I can wear a few of my old shirts, but my stomach is still a little big for most

3) Get my weight to a reasonable enough number to keep my endometriosis pain in check.

4) Stay active and keep family active. I've been getting better at this. My toddlers and I walk to a playground almost everyday. I do in home workout DVD's 5-6 days a week. But I'd like to get back into hiking

5) I want to feel comfortable with my body again. I am not aiming to be a size 2 or anything, because it doesn't suit my frame. I just want my athletic build back.

sahmofthree 08-24-2012 08:56 AM

1) I want to heal myself. I have fibromyalsia but have read a lot of stories of people who went paleo, and generally lived a very healthy lifestyle and it dramatically cut down on their flare-ups. I've been at it for half a month now and I think I'm on my way out of this flare-up already, so hopefully it's only up from here!

2) I want to learn to adapt to my social anxiety. Part of it is I'm so worried about what people think about me, that especially with gaining 30 lbs I don't want to be seen in public. So getting in shape won't fix it, but it will definitely help it and my ultimate goal is to get to a point where I can push past my anxiety so it doesn't affect my life so much.

3) I want to be strong. I want to lift heavy. Not mannish or anything, but I want to have defined muscles on my body and feel strong when I look in the mirror, as I've felt weak for a long time now.

4) I want to fit back into my old clothes again. And stop pretending that I don't care about my appearance, because I actually do, but my old clothes just don't fit so I wear sweats all the time and my dh's t-shirts.

5) I want to make it all the way through a workout program. I'm planning on starting ChaLEAN extreme once I get the weights for it, and my goal is to make it through her entire program and not quit half-way through like usual.

6) I want to get a tattoo on my back. Right now I'm too self-conscious to take my clothes off in front of a stranger in order to get the tattoo, so I want to to get to a place where I feel good about my body so I can have the guts to go get a tattoo.

7) I want to wear a bikini again on our next vacation. Right now the plan is Sept 2013 for our next trip to Disney, so I have 1 year to transform myself. Plus I'm going to have a rough time trying to get through WDW for 10 days if I don't get my health and fibro under control, so it's twice the inspiration.

8) I want to set a good example for my kids so they have less of a chance of falling into this trap when they are older. I want to set a good example for my dh so maybe he'll decide to start taking better care of himself too, as he's not really on board right now.

9) I want to hike the west coast trail with my dh. It's a dream of his but unless we both make drastic changes we won't be physically fit enough to actually do it.

10) I want my marriage to last. Because I'm so self-conscious of my body our bedroom life isn't the greatest right now. He says he doesn't care what I look like, but I do. I don't want it to eventually have an effect on our marriage.

That's all I can think of right now!

MIpiccolo44 09-21-2012 04:54 PM

This is a great idea!!!

I can only think of a few, but I will come back and add more later I think...

1. Wear clothes from college - AKA when I met my husband
2. Run/Jog 1 mile without stopping -----> Jog a 5k
3. Wear "normal" size clothes (sorry I stole this one)
4. Set a good example for my kids (build exercise into every day for all of us)
5. Feel strong - be able to do things I want, instead of thinking that it's too hard and avoiding it
6. Feel comfortable letting my husband pick me up....(I have never felt this way, even when I was smaller, so it may be more mental than physical)

Jlg325j 10-04-2012 06:55 PM

Awesome ideas/goals!!!