Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   4th C/S...Longer Recovery Time Normal? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435636)

aphlbrck 08-24-2012 08:47 AM

4th C/S...Longer Recovery Time Normal?

I'm almost 3 weeks pp and am still having pain around my incision and on either side of it but my bleeding has pretty much stopped...I actually took a percocet yesterday at bedtime b/c the pain was so bad...I'm not sure if it's because this was my 4th section, because I have 3 kids at home or because I'm old (36) but I'm still not ready to venture out of the house the infant seat is too much for me to carry...My dr. did say I had lots of scar tissue from my previous sections...Is this level of discomfort normal?

raisingcropsandbabies 08-24-2012 09:10 AM

Re: 4th C/S...Longer Recovery Time Normal?

Yes. ((hugs)). My doc says with each c-section, it takes longer to recover because of scar tissue and lack of bloodflow to that area (from being cut multiple times). Hang in there and don't overdo it!!!That can really set you back. After my 3rd c-s I just started doing light housework around 3-1/2 wks. post-op.

aphlbrck 08-24-2012 10:47 AM

Thanks! That makes me feel better.

Yellow Jewel 08-27-2012 12:18 PM

I'll have to keep this in mind. I'm PG with my 4th and it will result in a c/s. I'm already trying to figure out when I get start working out again and how I can carry 2 babies and get the others to school.
Resting should be easy, but when you have littles relying on you it really isn't!

I hope you continue to heal and the pain lessens soon.

sojomisa 08-27-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphlbrck (Post 15586436)
I'm almost 3 weeks pp and am still having pain around my incision and on either side of it but my bleeding has pretty much stopped...I actually took a percocet yesterday at bedtime b/c the pain was so bad...I'm not sure if it's because this was my 4th section, because I have 3 kids at home or because I'm old (36) but I'm still not ready to venture out of the house the infant seat is too much for me to carry...My dr. did say I had lots of scar tissue from my previous sections...Is this level of discomfort normal?

It took me a month to feel normal after my 4th. I attributed that to several things:

-I didn't get the rest I did in prior pg. The 4th was the first I was a SAHM with the others I kept the kids in their daycare spots so I could lounge with the newbie. With the 4th I hit the ground running.

-I ignored the need to slow down because there was always something to do.

-I was older, 40 at delivery. And I was at my heaviest weight ever.

HillbillyMama 09-29-2012 09:41 AM

My second c/s took longer for me to recover from, but I also had a 23 month old I was chasing after, too!! I was also told that was normal, too!! LOL! (((hugs))) and don't stress/overdo yourself!!

keithmommy 10-03-2012 10:56 PM

I just had my 5th c-section on Sept. 5th. It's very strange, but this has been my easiest recovery. But I have been able to relax more because my older children are doing so much for me so that probably has a lot to do with it. With section 2, 3,& 4 it took six weeks to feel normal again. So I think you should try to rest more. Take your pain meds if your hurting to help you rest. I hope you start to feel better soon.

3lilbubs 10-04-2012 10:27 PM

Totally normal, for all the reasons you stated. I also had 4 cesareans and my last was particularly hard recovery-wise. My dh was less helpful because I had recovered fairly easily before and had been in the hospital a week this time. So I didn't get as much help and the kids were more demanding of me thus less rest. The more you sit with your feet up the quicker you'll get back to normal. I remember how bad it hurts to carry that darn carseat when your scar feels like it's on fire. :hugs: Each c/s is different, if you don't feel ready, you're not. Put your feet up and relax.

Muninay 12-12-2012 11:53 AM

Just had my 6th cs on 11/28. I am usually up and about a week after cs but dh let me have a two-week break this time.

Take it easy and listen to your body. It helps more to walk around than to sit and lie down most of the time.

For this cs, I just had one shot at morphin then around a total of 10 motrin tablets post op. I have a pretty high tolerance with pain. Though I wouls say that The pain on my right abs took 6 days before it ceased.

Nina

scwendy 12-12-2012 02:03 PM

I didn't find the recovery after my 4 C/S to be any more painful or long than the previous 3, and I was 39. It may just be a matter of every C/S just as every pregnancy or vaginal birth is unique.

Listen to your body and don't overdo it:hugs: