Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Favorite inexpensive bottles? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435654)

hac1224 08-24-2012 09:54 AM

Favorite inexpensive bottles?

Simple question: What are your favorite inexpensive plastic bottles?

We are preparing to do foster care for infants in the next few months, so I will obviously be using formula. I don't want crappy stuff, but I can't afford $5-$10 per bottle, either. I need them to be plastic and no more than $2-$3 per bottle. Suggestions? :headscratch:

BTW, we did FF my older 2, but that's been about 5 years and things have changed a lot.:goodvibes:

mms1972 08-25-2012 02:24 PM

Just the basic gerber essentials bottles work great!

Sent from my VM670 using DS Forum

pretty girl 08-25-2012 05:54 PM

Re: Favorite inexpensive bottles?

I love my advent and playtex bottles. no idea the cost they were given to me

ETA: I'm looking at target.com. It seems that evenflo is pretty cheap less than $2.

and I'm now seeing that playtex and advent aren't cheap..

SPJ&E 08-26-2012 08:08 AM

I have always liked the Gerber Essentials (as PP mentioned) and the Evenflo ones as well.

This time around, we didn't have a lot of luck with the Gerber ones. They kept leaking. We were using Evenflo nipples with them though (Gerber slow flows are hard to find here and the ones that come with them are TINY). But anyway, I can't say for certain it wasn't "user error". I could swear though, that we used Evenflo ones with them years ago as well and didn't have any trouble. They are cheap though, so even if they don't work well for you, you're not losing much money.

We very much prefer the Evenflo ones this time. We mostly have glass ones, but got a pack of plastic ones (K-Mart has cute ones) for when we aren't at home. They work great...haven't had any issues with them at all.

We had planned to just buy the Wal-Mart cheapies (they worked fine for our older 2 boys), but we didn't like the designs on them at all. The Evenflo ones didn't cost that much more and are really cute. I know K-Mart also had a couple other kinds with cute designs too. I can't think of the brand of the others ones we were going to get, but they were about the same price and work just as well (used them with our older 2).

hbee 08-26-2012 10:14 AM

I tried a bunch of expensive ones and out of desperation, gave DD a walmart one (DH bought it to play a game with the youth group) and she was in love. :shrugs: So, we use wal-mart bottles and nipples now. It's nice to have cheap ones, so you don't feel badly if for some reason you lose one or throw one away.

hbee 08-26-2012 10:14 AM

I tried a bunch of expensive ones and out of desperation, gave DD a walmart one (DH bought it to play a game with the youth group) and she was in love. :shrugs: So, we use wal-mart bottles and nipples now. It's nice to have cheap ones, so you don't feel badly if for some reason you lose one or throw one away.

JeDeeLenae 08-26-2012 10:25 AM

I like the drop in systems. Playtex is great, but walmart brand works just fine!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

kkleinman 08-26-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbee

This! We have so many other expensive bottles and DS prefers the walmart cheapos.... works for me!

Kshende 08-27-2012 12:44 PM

We use the parents choice. They are $0.88 either 5 oz or 9 oz. we have a bunch of drop ins and vent aires, but DS prefers parents choice.

slimy72 08-27-2012 09:20 PM

Also sometimes you can find coupons for the more expensive bottles. Avent has a coupon on Target.com right now, and you can often find playtex coupons. We liked the gerber and the walmart nipples because they screwed onto ready to feed bottles of formula. But my son couldn't use them until much older when his latch improved. He could only use playtex drop ins with a laytex nipple as a young infant. But I think most babies are not so specific. Good luck on getting ready!