Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Recommend a washable nursing pad? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1436440)

LittleTadpoleDesigns 08-26-2012 01:35 PM

Recommend a washable nursing pad?

Hi mamas! I'm looking for recommendations for a washable/reusable nursing pad. :)

With my first ds, I had a TON of milk and leaked like crazy. I ended up going with disposable pads just because nothing else would hold once my letdown started! With dd, she fed like clockwork and I was able to manage with almost no leaking because of it and I used the thin Johnson & Johnson brand cotton pads.

With our newest little one, he's only two weeks old so I know things will change yet... but he's very much a cluster feeder and so I'm having a hard time adjusting. The J&J's aren't enough to hold it when I have a good let-down... but it's not nearly what it was like with our first ds so it seems such a waste ($ and garbage!) to use the disposables.

So... what are your favorite nursing pads and why?? Good absorbancy without leaking through? not too bulky?

Store-bought brands I know I can get my hands on relatively quickly (we are in a small town, but these I can buy easily online) are Bravado, Ameda, Medela, Avent, Kushies, and Lilypadz (silicone ones... anyone tried these?). I'm also open to WAHM made ones depending on the turn-around and if they ship to Canada.

THANKS!! :)

ClemsonMama87 08-26-2012 01:59 PM

I feel your pain! I let down and it's like a geyser! I just got some nursing pads from Pampered Mama and Bamboobies and love them both! The Pampered Mama ones are minky and the Bamboobies are velour, I think. As far as your list, I would say not to use are the Lilypadz because you want something that will let air flow to your nipples and the silicone won't do that.

l_Kimmie_l 08-26-2012 02:18 PM

Re: Recommend a washable nursing pad?

Megaroos makes PUL backed ones that are bullet proof.

lildutch1 08-26-2012 03:07 PM

I have bamboobies and love them because they are soooo soft, but I do have to change them after a letdown or two. I also have the overnight bamboobies and they are amazing but bulky.

shortcake2386 08-26-2012 03:46 PM

i make OBV/wool nursing pads that are bulletproof. im still wearing them with my 2 month old. www.mothergoosedesigns.com free shipping to canada(but would take about a week to arrive)

Alaga 08-26-2012 03:53 PM

I have the Bravado ones and really like them. I haven't tried other reusables though, just some disposables that my sister gave me that were THE WORST. :)

abunchoflemons 08-26-2012 04:10 PM

Try bamboobies at buybamboobies.com. they have back like disposable so truely no leaks but u can wash like rfeuseables& they r heart shaped so help with no seeing on outside ur shirt u got them. I got my first set from donating to helping hands milk bank.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-26-2012 04:22 PM

Links to all of these please:giggle: I need some good reusables that aren't see through a shirt. A mama friend gave me some obv recently so will be trying them out. I forgot which wahm made them, need to ask her. My baby is 7 months today and the crazy leaking is not even slowing down.

LittleTadpoleDesigns 08-26-2012 05:49 PM

Awesome... thanks for the suggestions! Keep 'em coming!

bigmamakelsey 08-26-2012 06:06 PM

I've been happy with my nursing pads from homestead emporium and cow belle boutique :goodvibes: