Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   EC & Cloth Diapers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1436715)

KathrynMaMa12 08-27-2012 10:18 AM

EC & Cloth Diapers?

I am 7months pregnant and looking for some ways to save some money.
I am planning on doing EC and I would like to use cloth diapers.
Has anyone done this? Which cloth diapers did you use?

I am looking at GDiaper and they seem to be the best option for us. We have a washing machine and able to wash them everyday but are there better options with the removable inserts like gdiapers? That is my biggest interest in the GDiaper. I figure I can use the cloth inserts and wash them and buy 3-4 cloth diapers.

shen7 08-27-2012 07:06 PM

GDiapers are very expensive and unnecessarily complicated IMO. They have their fans out there though. I would go for something like Flips if you want an easy hybrid system with disposable option. Or just get Thirsties Duo or any old PUL covers and trifold prefolds in them, and you can also use any brand of disposable insert in them too.

gingerpeachee 08-27-2012 07:41 PM

Re: EC & Cloth Diapers?

G-diapers were a G-zaster (disaster) in this house......

Rachael313 08-28-2012 10:52 AM

We do a casual EC and like Shen7 said find that a simple trifold prefold in a PUL cover work great around here. Cheap and effective. :)

Soseemehere 08-29-2012 12:07 AM

Prefolds are definitely easy. Fitted are a little easier. I would use a pul cover when we are out and about. I EC part time.

Mom2jandb 08-29-2012 04:28 PM

My suggestion is coverless fitteds or prefolds. Or nakey butt! (but sitting on a prefold)
I know you are asking about diapers, but do you have a top hat potty?

llm614 09-01-2012 02:57 PM

i'm only doing part time, naked as much as possible during the day and just cding at night

MommaArbaugh 09-21-2012 01:45 PM

We use prefolds and covers. I had a few G diapers that I got used for cheap. I didn't like them when we were at home because they wick away too much of the moisture so she couldn't feel that she was wet and would sit in it a while. I did like using them when we went out in public for that reason when she was young. Getting EC down in public took a little bit of time for us when she was first born so having the G diapers that keep the moisture off her bum was nice. That way she wasn't sitting in urine for a while. But once we got ECing down out of the home they were pointless again. Now we are thinking of switching to cloth trainers at 6 months

JessiFish 09-23-2012 01:33 PM

I use pocket diapers, mostly cheap China ones, or I used bamboo inserts or prefolds in a cover.
I only worry about catching poops, though.

Fairycat 09-23-2012 03:26 PM

I hated GDipes, they left red marks on DS, but we loved the Flips! We are sort of weirdos in EC, we just used prefolds with snappies and a cover, and just didn't worry about misses. Once DS got wigglier we switched to Flips though, and some velcro Bumgenius. We didn't use the disposables though with the flips. We found DS still did just fine with Ecing though, and it helped him understand as he got older he had to waiit to take his clothes off to pee. He graduated over a year ago at 21 months :)