Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Dec (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Prepping for baby (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1436755)

Edensmomma 08-27-2012 12:30 PM

Prepping for baby

What does everyone have on their list of ''To-Do'' for Baby?

Mine is:
Buy Snugride carseat
Buy Crib from IKEA
Buy Cradle Swing
Wash all clothing and blankets
Knit more woolies
Prep wash all diapers
Buy birth kit

Yikes, now that I wrote it all out I feel panicky! :giggle:

jlsquire0324 08-27-2012 12:38 PM

I Need to buy a mattress, mattress cover, sheets, double stroller, and diapers. I just bought some flips, have a decent one size collection, and newborn diapers. But I'll have two in diapers so have to increase :)

I think I have everything else since these two will be 13 mos apart. I was given a barely used crib :thumbs up:

Skatha89 08-27-2012 01:07 PM

Re: Prepping for baby

I need to get:

Crib/Bedding
Amber Necklace
Swaddle Blankets

I need to do:

Prep and freeze dinners
Side car crib when we get it

abunchoflemons 08-27-2012 04:31 PM

Bought double stroller, & extra matress, & given a toddler bed. Need to have garage sale to get rid of stuff. Need to prep beds, & transition toddler to toddler bed full time. Look into another vehicle besides truck for 3 kids. Mayb change kids rooms depending on personalities & car seat for baby. Lawn stuff. Wait 4 baby to see if I want to try wrap & all that. Register 4 stuff if people ask stuff to get. Hoping my about 40 stash will b ok 4 toddler & baby. Not sure if wantuing to wait to cloth til meconium is done & cord fall off (wipes & diapers).

paper_girl_76 08-27-2012 04:38 PM

need to get a new sling...mine is worn out, also need to prep freezer meals, and wash everything. Need a special blanket that will be his keepsake blanket.(we have way too many blankets, but they each have a special one. Also need to finish a few more diapers. And I'd like to re-cover the swing that we got for dd, which is a girly print, but it might not happen...never did for my last ds who used it.

It doesn't sound like that much, but I was panicking the other day about getting it done...

my2sweets 08-27-2012 08:36 PM

A ton! Wash dipes/clothes, get a long list of needs(bottles, swing, stroller, sling, tub,ectectect), decorate room(order crib teething rail-dr. Seuss :lostit:, buy bookcase, move guest bed, come up with storage/toy placement ideas,ect), find a ped and the list goes on and on.....like I said, a ton *sigh*

moonsandmarshmellows 08-28-2012 05:56 AM

I just need to get her an Amber necklace/anklet. I'm pretty much done with everything else that was needed. I'm still sewing for her but it's not stuff that is needed.

Emmers22185 08-28-2012 09:09 AM

I still need to:

Paint the nursery (we have our idea, now we just need to get paint!)
Get bedding back from my friend in Ohio
Get clothes
Wash Clothes
Prep diapers
Buy smaller covers
Sew a few burp cloths
Start/Finish knitting his blanket ( I did this for my girls so I feel the need to do it for him too even though I really don't want to)
Sew a cover for his car seat
Get a few swaddle blankets

I think that is it. We have all the gear for him, we just have some loose ends to tie up I think.

Edensmomma 08-28-2012 12:15 PM

I forgot about freezing meals! Add that to my list...
We're probably not decorating a nursery for her because we'll cosleep anyway.

abunchoflemons, for meconium and cloth, I just lay a cloth wipe in the diaper and if it stains the wipe, I can just throw it away. That way the diaper stays stain-free.

Scarlett's mommy 08-28-2012 12:28 PM

i need to make at least a dozen more newborn diapers and 24 small i also want to get another 6 one size diapers made. i also need to finish her blanket and crochet up some newborn woolies. i also need to wash and dry all of my newborn stuff thats in storage. then i need to figure out a couple of freezer meals and get a twin bed from my mom to put up against ours so we can cosleep and my hubby can be comfortable. oh and we need to get a car seat for scarlett so willow can have hers. thats all i can think of for now but im sure that there is more. *sigh*