Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   hemorrhoids?!? TMI (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1436920)

katymf 08-27-2012 05:39 PM

hemorrhoids?!? TMI

so i think its safe to say i officially have hemmorhoids..or a hemmorhoid. i'm not embarressed or anything because i know alot of pregnant women get them and...whatever. not a big deal. but for the past week my (parden my french) poohole has been so itchy and a little sore and everytime i poop i feel like it is ripping and i always have a little bit of blood on the tissue. i had this with DS also. **TMI** tonight while i was on the toilet my poohole itched so bad as it was coming out and it took some pushing to come out. but i looked back in the toilet (as i always do) and it was filled with blood-well, not filled but there was a good amount of light red in there. i immediatly thought the worst of course and took some toilet paper and just wiped my behind-NOT my vagina at all. i looked at the paper and there was a little clot and blood on it. i felt relieved. i then got some new paper and wiped ONLY my vagina and even kind of stuck it up there just to make sure i wasnt missing anything and it came back with just pee on it. THANK GOD. my heart was pounding. i even wiped my vagina again just to double check but came back clear. so does this sound like hemorrhoids or what??:headscratch:

kaylabelle05 08-27-2012 08:02 PM

Re: hemorrhoids?!? TMI

Had them with DD BAD. Ended up causing a fissure and almost needed surgery.

I have it sort of bad this time and found that using Desitin afterwards helps BIG time. It soothes it a bit. I figure if it was good for babies, it would be good for me.

Upping your fiber intake (but for me no wheat!) helps the bleeding problem.

calleiah 08-27-2012 08:40 PM

It sounds like you have an internal hemorrhoid. Take a stool softener to make sure everything is super soft so things can heal (and probably keep it up for a while, or any time you notice discomfort). Oh, and Witch hazel pads are like, the most amazing thing ever. They not only help with clean up but help with the itch too. My last birth was really horrible on that area due to his face up presentation and a really severe shoulder distocia. Afterwards, my nurse came to check on it all and said it looked like a Mack truck had come through the whole area. The hemorrhoids were... OMG, so SO shockingly bad. The steps I listed above, coupled with epsom salt baths helped so much that they completely healed and I've only had issues once since then.

Hope that helps you get some relief!

My_Tree_Grows 08-27-2012 09:41 PM

Aw, poor you! And yes, so scary! You can alleviate and help prevent both hemorrhoids and varicose veins with an SI belt (also sometimes called a cradle), it helps to lift and support the weight of your uterus as you get bigger, reducing pressure down below. :thumbsup:

You Tell 'Em 08-28-2012 12:37 AM

Add me to the list :( I didn't get them at all with either of my two previous pregnancies but this one I am. No fun at all. I'll have to make some WH pads/wipes and try the baby bum ointment stuff and hope it helps.

rachaeljohnson 08-28-2012 05:17 AM

oh hugs...i have never had one...knock wood...but dh gets them...lol...and tmi. Once he sent me to buy medicine and i bought those little capsules you put in the fridge. He didn't know you have to take them out of the foil and tried putting the whole foil pack up there and complained it hurt to his mom (who also gets them) and she almost peed herself.

Sorry, off topic, but i t hought you would get a kick out of it!

Sarahknavy 08-28-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katymf (Post 15601553)
so i think its safe to say i officially have hemmorhoids..or a hemmorhoid. i'm not embarressed or anything because i know alot of pregnant women get them and...whatever. not a big deal. but for the past week my (parden my french) poohole has been so itchy and a little sore and everytime i poop i feel like it is ripping and i always have a little bit of blood on the tissue. i had this with DS also. **TMI** tonight while i was on the toilet my poohole itched so bad as it was coming out and it took some pushing to come out. but i looked back in the toilet (as i always do) and it was filled with blood-well, not filled but there was a good amount of light red in there. i immediatly thought the worst of course and took some toilet paper and just wiped my behind-NOT my vagina at all. i looked at the paper and there was a little clot and blood on it. i felt relieved. i then got some new paper and wiped ONLY my vagina and even kind of stuck it up there just to make sure i wasnt missing anything and it came back with just pee on it. THANK GOD. my heart was pounding. i even wiped my vagina again just to double check but came back clear. so does this sound like hemorrhoids or what??:headscratch:

this happened to me a few weeks ago and I did this... mine felt better after that day and hasn't come back. My husband was freaking when I told him about it saying he wanted to look and make sure it was ok..... uh.... no hun... you will not be looking.

rachaeljohnson 08-28-2012 01:30 PM

ha ha ha sarah...a new level of intimacy huh?

Sarahknavy 08-28-2012 03:22 PM

yeah... I will not be that close to my husband... ever.

808mamaof3 08-28-2012 03:30 PM

I had a tiny one after DS1 was born...none last time and this time (knock on wood) although I've had some minor constipation. On the funny side- My good friend had a home water birth and as her son's head was crowning her DH reached down and said, "I feel his head!" She was like, "No honey, thats my hemaroid...he's his head!" She had it on video and played it for us...he was a touch mortified.. :giggle: