Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   August 27 weekly chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437034)

1healthylady 08-28-2012 04:29 AM

August 27 weekly chat

I suppose we should start a new weekly chat. It's been a couple weeks.

Today's my due date. Less than 18 hours for this babe to share a birthday with my brother. I was up for a while last night with contractions and back pain. I got all hopeful, then fell asleep and woke up to nothing. Isaac totally missed north/central Florida. We got rain yesterday but that was it. I was really hoping that drop in pressure would help labor, but it's all going to Louisiana instead. 7 years after Katrina. Hope everyone there stays safe.

How many of us are still waiting to meet our little ones? May this last week in August bring on some babies! If nothing else, football season starts Saturday. Go Gators! :)

Sent from my Android using DS Forum

bruenderbaby 08-28-2012 09:57 AM

Re: August 27 weekly chat

My edd was yesterday, and I had contractions off and on (for the last many nights) and was really hoping this baby would come . . . My mom leaves on friday and we changed the ticket already, so she wouldn't miss being here for the baby. How is it possible that #3 is over a week later than 1 and 2 were? I am getting very frustrated.:banghead:

Yay, for football season. My hubby went to Florida, so we will be watching the Gators every Sat we can get the game. :) I enjoy watching, but am very glad we no longer have a blue and orange room! :mrgreen:

bohemianxchaos 08-28-2012 11:01 AM

Was supposed to have an u/s today but it turned into a huge fiasco. I could always go to my ER but because im post-date now they'll push to admit/induce me. Tomorrow is my bday. Maybe baby will come?

'Smartphone' approved ;)

LittleTadpoleDesigns 08-28-2012 02:02 PM

I found it hard to keep up with chat before baby was here... but now that I'm nursing I've got an excuse to sit and check in more often, LOL!

Good luck to those of your still waiting! I was SO happy that baby came 9 days early... I feel for you for both being past due date. :( Come on babies... it's nice out here too!

girlichick 08-28-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlest_one (Post 15605499)
I found it hard to keep up with chat before baby was here... but now that I'm nursing I've got an excuse to sit and check in more often, LOL!

Good luck to those of your still waiting! I was SO happy that baby came 9 days early... I feel for you for both being past due date. :( Come on babies... it's nice out here too!

:) Ultrasound said I was due yesterday, NFP said I was due today.. still waiting. Had an NST and baby seems quite content in there. We have a BPP scheduled for Saturday if she hasn't made an appearance by then. 2 of mine have gone a few days over, so its nothing new.. but I always forget how discouraging it is! Oh well, Gator football will cheer me up (I went there too!)

1healthylady 08-29-2012 05:32 AM

I was pretty bummed yesterday, so today I have a to do list, which includes going to the pool and JoAnn's. :) I really don't do well just sitting around at home. It doesn't help with everyone asking if I've had the baby yet. I'm glad I never went by my LMP due date, which would have been the 20th. Yikes! Yesterday was my FAM due date, tomorrow is my ultrasound due date. If the baby isn't here by Tuesday then it's the NST and ultrasound for me. I think I'm back to planning on a Labor Day baby. If it comes before then all the better. DH keeps reminding me it's a lot easier to take care of baby now than when s/he comes out though. Like going to bed at 7:30 last night probably wouldn't have been possible.

We're making plans for our parents to come down now. My mom and dad will come down a few days after the baby arrives giving us time to be a new family together. DH's mom isn't off work again until the 12th, so she'll come down then for a few days.

Lots of Gator fans! I never went to school there (grew up and went to school in VA), but I am a Shands baby, my dad's an alum, and now I work there. I converted DH to the Gators when we moved down 7 years ago. Somehow he got the better end of the deal though... he became a Gator fan, I got the Redskins. Hoping for a better season this year than last. Should be interesting with 2 sophomore quarterbacks.

Happy birthday Paula! hope you get a great little gift!

myall4him2 08-29-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlichick (Post 15607025)
:) Ultrasound said I was due yesterday, NFP said I was due today.. still waiting. Had an NST and baby seems quite content in there. We have a BPP scheduled for Saturday if she hasn't made an appearance by then. 2 of mine have gone a few days over, so its nothing new.. but I always forget how discouraging it is! Oh well, Gator football will cheer me up (I went there too!)

GATOR FOOTBALL?! Oh no she didn't...

Go GEORGIA! :P :giggle2:

(this is Heather J. btw :D)

I'm officially 4 days late. 4 days! This is my 5th child and NONE have ever been late! This is ridiculous!

bohemianxchaos 08-29-2012 06:04 AM

Silly me thought last night would be it, but the contractions died down. Not doing much today, and by not doing much I mean I'm not doing anything. I started crochetting some longies, it's my first attempt so who knows what'll happen.
I got desperate yesterday in a hormonal rage and emailed my midwife asking for uplifting thoughts and also black & blue cohosh. Rofl. Also asked her to come strip my membranes. maybe she'll email me back something equally off the rocker.

Other than that going on, it's a low key day. My birthday is never anything awesome.
PS: I'm originally from FL, so I *have* to say Go Gators, but after living so long with DF I also must say Go Bengals ;)

bohemianxchaos 08-29-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myall4him2 (Post 15608235)
GATOR FOOTBALL?! Oh no she didn't...

Go GEORGIA! :P :giggle2:

(this is Heather J. btw :D)

I'm officially 4 days late. 4 days! This is my 5th child and NONE have ever been late! This is ridiculous!

All of our August babies are stubborn wanna-be September babies! My two previous pregnancies were 38 weekers, so to be on 40 and 5 today is BLOWING my mind. My mom just reminded me though that I was born late, too, and I was her third (but 6th pregnancy).

Dear babies: COME OUT.

7arrows4God 08-29-2012 10:08 AM

DDC, I am due OCt. 1st.
Myall4Him2, my 5th pregnancy was over as well, and my 1st 4 were not. Actually 3 of the 1st 4 were early. So when my 5th came and she was 11 days late. It was hard as I had family very much bugging me. Made for a lot of stress, especially since we were planning a uc homebirth and they did not know but probably suspected. And they lived right next door. So my thoughts are with you.