Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   freezer cooking? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437084)

mandymatus 08-28-2012 08:45 AM

freezer cooking?

is anyone planning on doing freezer cooking for post partum? i did this a little with first baby, more with second and this time around i'm thinking about preparing 3 months worth of meals.

is anyone else doing this? when are you going to start? have you started planning your meals?

cheezpoofs 08-28-2012 09:18 AM

Re: freezer cooking?

Planning and doing are two different things, but I do plan to make some meals to put in the freezer. I probably won't even start on it until February. I'll definitely be doing a pan of lasagna and a pan of enchiladas. Don't know what else I'll make yet.

amcess721 08-28-2012 09:46 AM

I did this for both my kids. I had my mom come out for a day and help each time. This time my mom and my sister will be coming out the weekend of MLK in january. We went to my sisters and helped her stock her freezer before her baby came too... it's a fun day to get together.
When I did for DS... I had 40 meals in the freezer, lasted us well over 3 months by the time we figured in meals other people brought, meals over to MIL's house once a week, and also the nights of easy meals (ie: spaghetti, breakfast for dinner etc).

Mom2jandb 08-28-2012 10:48 AM

I did this. I made chicken pot pies, beef pot pies, stuffed peppers, sauces including meat to serve on pasta or rice, and all-purpose fillings for things like tacos/enchiladas and BBQ sandwiches. I was going to do pizzas and pizza by the slice but ran out of energy, time, and space...

rachaeljohnson 08-28-2012 10:59 AM

yes yes yes...but we need to buy a chest freezer first...lol...so it may not happen

My_Tree_Grows 08-28-2012 11:56 AM

Absolutelyl! Did this last time but we only had a side-by-side - now I've got a deep freeze and plan to go crazy! I'm also gently suggesting that any celebration of baby's upcoming arrival emphasize freezer meals rather than gifts. I won't start until January and I'll plan more then, off the top of my head: lasagna, mac & cheese, beef and chicken stews, cheese & spinach cannelloni, mashed potatoes, meat pie, pizza. :) Basically our comfort foods.

Sarahknavy 08-28-2012 12:05 PM

We need to start talking recipes ladies! I have no clue what to make but I know I am going to want some with a toddler and the baby. I will have two weeks of food probably as donations but ... that is probably it... so yes!! freeze some stuff for nights my husband has to work late. He can cook whatever so I am not too worried... but I am going to need some stuff.

brookglen 08-28-2012 12:08 PM

It's hard because we are not big meat eaters, my husband doesn't eat it at all these days. I'd be hard pressed to find enough options to freeze. Last pregnancy I went to trader joes and stocked up in their frozen stuff because I got way lazy at the end.

Mamma527 08-28-2012 12:32 PM

I did this a little last time, but we just bought a deep freezer so I plan on going a little crazy this time.

rachaeljohnson 08-28-2012 01:31 PM

brookglen-we don't really do meat much but i know some good burritos taht are made with black beans and veggie lasagnas and stuff that freeze well. But i agree, not as many options.