Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Baby K-tan vs Moby (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437246)

elizabeth.scalf 08-28-2012 04:35 PM

Baby K-tan vs Moby

I have Mobys and love them. Used them with my first two. Found a Baby K'tan (am I spelling that right?) on clearance for $30. I know it's the same basic principle but it's just a bit easier to get on, and I'm guessing that since you don't have to tie it, it doesn't come slipping loose as easily and you don't have that big knot aching right in the middle of your back when you wear your Moby around the house. Is it worth it to get the Baby K'tan because it's just a little neater and pre-measured.

NaplesMom 08-28-2012 04:37 PM

Re: Baby K-tan vs Moby

I have both and the K'Tan is so much easier to deal with and much quicker to put on when I am out and about. I tend to use the moby around the house more.

sabockelman 08-29-2012 01:35 PM

Katan is easier!

smokeyswife 09-04-2012 12:46 AM

I honesty preferred the Moby to the K'tan. I liked the Moby nice and tight, and it always felt like the K'tan was getting too baggy.

MamaRachel 09-04-2012 10:49 PM

While you won't have knot slippage with a K'tan it will still stretch out over time, and you can't just tie tighter like you can with the Moby. I would personally skip the K'tan and maybe search out a Mei Tai as a faster option that won't stretch out.

neatostacy 09-06-2012 09:39 AM

I have both. The K'tan is so much easier and less dragging on the floor. Quicker to put on, which is a huge plus if you have other kids to attend to. And if it stretches out a bit, I would assume you can just throw it in the dryer. I haven't had that problem yet. If you are in between sizes, size down so it can stretch over time. Also, your baby gets bigger, so stretching out might be a good thing.??? I love the K'tan.

900989 09-09-2012 02:15 AM

I really like my k'tan. Nobetterdeal.com usually has them on sale.

Beanalie 09-13-2012 01:18 PM

I have no experience with the moby, but have a ktan and love it! After reading reviews, I got the size smaller than my t shirt size and it fits perfectly!

Adinanna'sMomma 09-13-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 900989
I really like my k'tan. Nobetterdeal.com usually has them on sale.

Wow, thanks for that site! I have a k'tan, which I LOVE, but it's pink, and I'm hoping this next little one is a boy, so...that'll just mean I get to buy anther carrier! :) They had some great deals!

Addisynsmommy 09-28-2012 01:11 PM

I love my moby but have heard great things about the k'tan, I think it would be totally worth it!