Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Coupon restrictions (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437383)

susan6070 08-28-2012 08:56 PM

Coupon restrictions

Is it me or are the cashiers or store policies getting strict on formula coupons/checks usage?

Toys R Us/Babies R Us has a sale on Similac RTF. My husband went to TRU yesterday to pick up a box and brought some Similac checks with him. We've never had issues using multiples before at other stores. The cashier, coincidently, was also the store manager. He told my DH that he'll only accept 2 coupons checks because he's the store manager and that's his decision. He wouldn't let my DH say anything else. He didn't fight it because it was a good sale and the 2 coupons checks he got to use did help.
Today, I went to a TRU close by my work. I gave him 3 coupon checks that had 3 different names on them. He asked me 'Are you so and so? because if you're not, you can't use them.' I said 'no but I've never had an issue using coupons with other people's name on them and using multiples'. I then proceed to ask him, 'how would you know what my name was if I brought one check that was not in my name?'. He replied 'I'll ask for your ID'!! Seriously??!! I was starting to argue but he decided to let me use 1 coupon check and I really didn't want to make a scene.
Then I went to a BRU because the TRU only had one box and I wanted another. This cashier would only let me use 1 then decided to put another one through to see if her computer would accept it.
What is going on?? I've used 6 coupon checks PLUS regular coupons at a time at other stores and they don't even blink. Does it matter who uses the coupons? What if it's a DH who using the coupons but it's under the wife's name?

OT: Anyone know if Walmart will price match other store's sale price?

happysmileylady 08-28-2012 09:03 PM

Re: Coupon restrictions

Formula checks are a goofy beast. When I worked at CVS, we had to ring them in as a check, which meant it was a form of payment, and it had to be endorsed/printed on as a check. Now, you could use a manufacturer coupon, and a CVS coupon and a formula check all at once, if you had them, but the formula check didn't ring in like any other coupon.

As for stores getting more strict or whatever...I think that's more a mater of perception and might be a regional thing more than an all over reality. Lots of couponers think that stores are cracking down and changing policies and such all in reaction to the tv show. And in some areas that's totally the case. In other areas though, it's not really. We never had any coupon policy changes when I worked at cvs that ever came down from corporate. Meijer only just recently changed theirs, but I don't think it really made anything any more strict.

Having said that, generally, a store manager can often just make up whatever rules he wants regarding coupons-can set his own store limits on how many they can take and that sort of thing.

opheliaspins 08-28-2012 09:21 PM

Walmart absolutely should price match. Even better if you have a circular add showing the price. Look at their website, their price match policy is clearly outlined in how they do and don't price match

pcjs 08-28-2012 10:11 PM

I've only used two at a time/names and I just said my friend was ill and needed me to get it for her and it was a non-issue. Commissary would not allow me to use someone else's. Technically, they are right and you are only allowed to use yours. I've seen the RTF at Costco but I don't remember the price as it wasn't what we needed at the time.

jacksmommy1 08-30-2012 07:04 AM

i know my rite aid will not accept them at all bc their check acceptor thing doesn't accept them...he said they are counterfeit but target took them

KatrinaLoves 08-31-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcjs
I've only used two at a time/names and I just said my friend was ill and needed me to get it for her and it was a non-issue. Commissary would not allow me to use someone else's. Technically, they are right and you are only allowed to use yours. I've seen the RTF at Costco but I don't remember the price as it wasn't what we needed at the time.

The commissary is the WORST. I bought 20 $5off RTF coupons on eBay, and have used several of them the last 2 weeks at various stores. Tried using them at the commissary yesterday, and discovered that they apparently say "limit one per transaction". Okay, no problem. I'll split it into 4 different transactions real quick.
Nope. They told me I had to go to different registers for 4 separate transactions from 4 different checkers. With 2 suddenly screaming babies. On pay day.
Thankfully the 2nd checker was more flexible, but sheesh.
And the first checker even gave me attitude for me asking her to void 3 of the 4 bottles after she wouldn't accept the coupons together, as if i was being petty or cheap... It would have been like $25 extra! :eyeroll:

StephV 10-26-2012 08:15 PM

They're cracking down on everything. So annoying. Times are tough, every dollar helps!

jaelynsmommy61607 10-26-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatrinaLoves

The commissary is the WORST. I bought 20 $5off RTF coupons on eBay, and have used several of them the last 2 weeks at various stores. Tried using them at the commissary yesterday, and discovered that they apparently say "limit one per transaction". Okay, no problem. I'll split it into 4 different transactions real quick.
Nope. They told me I had to go to different registers for 4 separate transactions from 4 different checkers. With 2 suddenly screaming babies. On pay day.
Thankfully the 2nd checker was more flexible, but sheesh.
And the first checker even gave me attitude for me asking her to void 3 of the 4 bottles after she wouldn't accept the coupons together, as if i was being petty or cheap... It would have been like $25 extra! :eyeroll:

That's annoying!

slimy72 10-27-2012 07:46 AM

Well, techinically, you should only use one check per purchase. Meaning if it's a case, that rings up as a case price you should only be able to use one check on that case. You should only be able to use two checks if you are buying two cases. If you are buying individual bottles you should be able to use one per bottle. But not two on one bottle. I actually had to call similac when I used checks and ask what the wording meant and that's what they explained. That people were trying to use 5 checks on one can of formula so it was free and it was one can, one check. But you can combine a coupon with a check.