Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Hypnobabies Mamas...when do you start? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437770)

Mummandherboys 08-29-2012 09:50 PM

Hypnobabies Mamas...when do you start?

I have the Hypnobabies Home study with the books and CD's and have just started reading through it... it said that if you are starting before 26 weeks that you could go through each class in two weeks instead of one week.... does this sound like a good plan? I am coming up on 16 weeks now and just wonder when the best time to start learning and practicing for this method?... so far I am really excited about trying this... something so much more positive!
Any tips from those who have used this method... I would love to learn all I can! :)

Thanks Mamas :hugs:

Blueberry32 08-30-2012 08:19 PM

I'm going to be starting mine soon too so would also love some tips! Hoping it will help me have a vbac.

My_Tree_Grows 08-30-2012 09:20 PM

Re: Hypnobabies Mamas...when do you start?

Haha, I read the same thing and had the same question! My admittedly inexperienced plan is to start at 18 weeks and take 2 weeks per lesson, then do the maintenance - mainly because I can't wait to start, and also am hoping it will have a peaceful impact on my daily life.

lilbitcrunchy 08-31-2012 08:13 PM

Ddc- I started at 30 or 32 weeks I think? It's really plenty of time I promise! I did all the lessons and was able to repeat with "maintenance" tracks. I fell asleep every. Single. Time. Even DH told me to put it on the stereo so he could sleep better too lol. It worked wonderfully. Happy birthing time everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

My_Tree_Grows 08-31-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy (Post 15622020)
Ddc- I started at 30 or 32 weeks I think? It's really plenty of time I promise! I did all the lessons and was able to repeat with "maintenance" tracks. I fell asleep every. Single. Time. Even DH told me to put it on the stereo so he could sleep better too lol. It worked wonderfully. Happy birthing time everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Thanks for the feedback and positive wishes, mama! :Do Ohh...I'm so excited!

Mummandherboys 08-31-2012 10:09 PM

Okay, sounds good...thanks for the comments Mamas :)
I too am really excited to start...so I might just start a little sooner than later...but I would rather slowly work on it, rather than being at all rushed or not feeling ready later on! I am really hoping the lessons will answer some questions I have... (some fears if you will!) and get me really confident and ready :) Let's all share thoughts as we learn and go along in the study...

mamamarick 09-08-2012 09:29 PM

Question: anyone know how Hypnobabies if different from "Hypnobirthing"?
I am a certified hypnosis practitioner btw, and in my experience the more practice you get the better. The more comfortable you get the easier it will be and the better the experience will go (so I hope! This is my first foray into hypnobirthing).

Mummandherboys 09-09-2012 01:12 PM

I have a friend who did Hypnobirthing rather than Hypnobabies...but I have not talked to her since I decided on going this route and using this method. From what I have heard (mostly on here) they are both great...but maybe even more positive feedback about Hypnobabies...but not sure why or what the differences are :) So good to know that you think it would be best to have more time to practice....thanks for your input! That is what makes sense to me too...I usually take longer to grasp new things anyway! :)

You Tell 'Em 09-09-2012 11:14 PM

I'm planning on starting the tracks around 20 weeks since last pregnancy it helped make my pregnancy positive, if that makes any sense. My state of mind was so much nicer than my first pregnancy... And they helped me fall asleep :giggle: