Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Sept (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Support thread for those of us due later in the month (and might go till October).... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437795)

el's mama 08-30-2012 12:05 AM

Support thread for those of us due later in the month (and might go till October)....

This is my 4th baby and I've always been due late in the month (24th, 24th, 20th, 26th, respectively). I'm happy for all the mamas having their babies, but it can be hard feeling like the last lone preggo in the due date club. Come on in if you're not due till later in the month and want a buddy!

Nerissa 08-30-2012 07:04 AM

Re: Support thread for those of us due later in the month (and might go till October)

I am not due till the 24th. The first two came at 36 adn 37 weeks so I figure this being the third and I am all ready for this one --it will come on the due date or after and make me completely misserable and super impatient.

ashley84 08-30-2012 12:27 PM

Re: Support thread for those of us due later in the month (and might go till October)

I'm due September 22nd. I went to 42 weeks with my DS though. I could very well see October, but I certainly hope that I don't! I had my 36 week appt today. My MW checked me when she did my GBS swab. I'm 1+ cm dialated and 70% effaced. That doesn't mean anything though. I'm pretty sure my stats were similar with my son at 36 weeks.

JulieBeth 08-30-2012 02:31 PM

I'm due on the 28th :)

zandj 08-30-2012 02:34 PM

due on the 28th too and in no rush to get anything going! I don't expect to have anything happen until October...

el's mama 08-30-2012 10:25 PM

I'm going to be patient too. With all 3 of my babies there was pressure on me to get them out (various reasons that I won't go into) and I ended up having my membranes stripped, taking castor oil (worked every time) and once had the foley balloon. I'm in my dear friend's wedding 10 days after my due date but I refuse to stress over it. She is a TOTAL sweetheart , not at all a bridezilla and it's not an issue if I have to drop out last minute. I was pregnant when she asked me so she stipulated that I couldn't stress and couldn't feel bad if I ended up not being able to be in it. Of course I'm hoping he comes on time or a few days early (DS2 came at 39 weeks exactly) but I'm not willing to push my body into labor this time. I'm hoping that waiting will also give me a shorter, easier labor and that I can FINALLY have my water break naturally.

MrsLemon13 08-31-2012 06:35 PM

I'm due the 24th but right now I have Gestational Diabetes and I am considered high risk. So I dont know how long they will let me wait. My DS was a 37 weeker so I will admit I am hoping he comes sooner rather than later. It doesnt help that my insurance ends at the end of September so I really need him to come before then.

littlemsmom 08-31-2012 07:25 PM

I'm also due on the 24th. I feel like it is going to be forever before he's here!! I've never gone into labor on my own everyone else has been induced due to high BP from 2 weeks to 4 days before the due date. So I'm holding out hope that this one will come on his own but also know that it likely will not happen since I've never done it on my own.

oldandnew 09-05-2012 12:49 PM

Due the 25th here! (though FF says maybe 9/30)
I have NO idea what to expect for timing....DS was a 35week c-section so not sure if I will go full term, early or late or what! So far, baby girl is head down but no other progression....started my EPO to help the cervix along and will 'get busy' with some walking, etc starting next week (38weeks) and see what happens, but really in no rush since DS 3rd bday was 9/1 and we'd like a little space:)

marvelous 09-05-2012 02:40 PM

I'm due on the 22nd, but that is from measuring the fetus early on, not by date of last period or date of conception. (Total surprise!) The measurement has stayed consistent, but I'm still not 100% sure. By contrast, my first two were conceived by charting, I knew the exact date each one was conceived and they were both born at 39weeks 6 days.

Sooooo, I'm thinking baby will be here by 21st or 22nd, but wouldn't be surprised to go a little bit later.