Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Follow up Question - For the Mamas who bleach once/month (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437834)

babymakes3.4.5.... 08-30-2012 08:59 AM

Follow up Question - For the Mamas who bleach once/month

How do you go about it? Do you throw everything in whether it's dirty or not? Do you just do the dirty stuff and bleach on two laundry days? Do you bleach your covers/wetbags/stuff with PUL or separate that stuff and wash it separately? Any other tips? TIA!!!!

Thanks for all the recommendations mamas! Here's my follow up question, some of you use bleach in the pre-wash/rinse and some in the regular wash with detergent - does this make any significant difference or is it just preference?

lynn97 08-30-2012 09:12 AM

When I did this, I would bleach in the prerinse (before I washed). I bleached the dirty diapers only but did so in two stages (I generally had two loads of diapers so I would just bleach again 2-3 days later as they were different diapers - make sense?) I always bleached all inserts but only bleached shells sometimes. Most of the time, the shells didn't seem to need it at our house.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

lynn97 08-30-2012 09:14 AM

Oh, and I don't think I've ever bleached wet bags and have rarely bleached pail liners as these things never needed it. The pail liners may have been bleached out of laziness though :blush:

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

luvthefluff 08-30-2012 09:29 AM

Re: For the Mamas who bleach once/month

i put a tad bleach in every 1st wash..sometimes every other week but mostly every wash. i use pockets, aio's, fitteds, pf's

momma_dna 08-30-2012 09:51 AM

I use bleach every time. I don't separate anything out (wet bags, pail liners). I add 1/8c in a pitcher and fill the pitcher with water to dilute it. I then add it to the dispenser. I add this with my detergent wash. After the cycle ends, I run a quick wash cycle on warm with nothing to help rinse out bleach. We use mainly cotton fitteds. Only things that have faded are my wipes. No issue with PUL liners and wet bags or the couple BGEs we have.

hollydawn 08-30-2012 10:02 AM

I use bleach every wash. I throw everything in and nothing has ever faded or been ruined. I have a front loader and use approx 1/4 cup in the bleach dispenser.

BuggaBuggaBoutique 08-30-2012 10:04 AM

everything in the pail - i use about 1/3 cup

Catbutt Diapers 08-30-2012 10:21 AM

I bleach everything - PUL and cloth - every 2 or 3 weeks. I add 1/3 cup to the dispenser 2 wash loads in a row.

thealmightyme 08-30-2012 10:43 AM

I do every load mostly also, in the pre rinse.

Isabellesmama 08-30-2012 11:56 AM

I put 1/4-1/3 in every wash,in the dispenser during the wash with detergent, with everything: covers, pockets, fitteds, AIOs, pail liner, wetbag nothing has been effected. Then I do a goo strip every few months with dawn I needed.