Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Disappointed in BABY WIZARDS :( ADDED A PIC (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438059)

momgoddess 08-30-2012 06:17 PM

Disappointed in BABY WIZARDS :( ADDED A PIC

I just bought 6 of them to try out, thinking they might be somewhat comparable to BG, but in cuter prints...boy was I wrong. They don't have the stretchy tabs, so they don't fit as well or snap up as easily. I just put my LO in one that was worn once with no problems...then washed. This was the second time wearing it and I just pulled her out of her exersaucer to find that she leaked through the TPU completely. Straight through. (Compression, maybe?) This was my first cheap China diaper, and it was more than twice as expensive as many of the other cheap ones from China. I was thinking about switching my 4 month old over to mostly all pockets next month and going with Alvas, but now I'm scared of cheap China diapers. Are Alvas and Sunbabies better?

Here's the second one now that did it....

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...8/P8310020.jpg

Palooka 08-30-2012 06:23 PM

Re: Disappointed in BABY WIZARDS :(

wow they do have adorable prints! what a bummer. :(

ARogers 08-30-2012 06:34 PM

I actually really liked the BW I got. They were defective prints though (the boyish ones) and the pul delaminated. But they did have the stretchy tabs. I believe the white tabs are the stretchy ones. I'm guessing you had a compression leak because your LO was in the exersaucer. IMO BW are better than alva or sb, but everyone has different wants/needs so they might work for you. I own all of them and my BG are my favorite followed by BW, alva, then sb.

momgoddess 08-30-2012 07:44 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking of just getting a dozen BG next month instead of a bunch of China dipes and along with all the Flips and other pockets I have, I should be good to go. I might as well spend the extra money for the BEST especially since they have better resale value anyway.

lalaura 08-30-2012 07:55 PM

Wow I'm surprised. I love the BW diapers we got and they do have stretchy tabs. Which kind of BW did you get? Mine are aplix and some of the girls prints. Also like a pp said they were having some problems with some of their prints delaminating

please excuse craziness - I am on my phone

Holly dolly 08-30-2012 08:02 PM

I have BG as well as Sunbaby and alva in my stash. The aplix on the BG is terrible. I'm glad I didn't pay new price for them or I would be irritated.

Sunbaby is my favorite (and makes up most of my stash). I've gotten them all used and have ZERO issues. The only complaint I have is that the sizing isn't very consistent.

The alvas don't fit my ds quite as well as the Sunbaby. No leaks or anything but they tend to leave red marks from the elastic and the Sunbaby don't.

If you have the $$ do the BG. But I wouldn't be scared at all of the china diapers.

Tina5834 08-30-2012 08:16 PM

My BW have stretchy tabs.

el's mama 08-30-2012 09:19 PM

It's not a compression leak, a whole slew of mamas ordered BWs in a co-op and a bunch of them delaminated. I'm not against China diapers, but bumGenius is better quality, period. I think Alvas are great and aside from the few colors I had that delaminated, they were excellent quality and held up perfectly through heavy use. I also think Sunbaby diapers are great (I think both of these brands are better quality than FuzziBunz but not as good as bumGenius). For peace of mind though, I'd go with bumGenius. The buy 5 get 1 free sale goes through tomorrow and if you order from Cotton Babies you also get to pick a free one in Bubble or Sweet so you really get 2 free dipes (which breaks down to a little over $12 per diaper).

daniele_ut 08-30-2012 09:23 PM

Baby Wizard only had one run of diapers that delaminated. It was only the 4 new prints, all of which had stretchy tabs so I'm guessing that's not what OP has. I have 6 of the BW Duo Wrap Velcro diapers and they have all worked really well for me for the past month. I did have one leak, and guess where it happened? The Jumperoo. I started stuffing them with both of the inserts they came with, microfiber on top and bamboo on the bottom, and I haven't had a leak since.

Like a pp, they are my second favorite behind BG 4.0. I have 6 of those as well and I'm thinking of buying 7 more tonight.

el's mama 08-30-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniele_ut (Post 15617263)
Baby Wizard only had one run of diapers that delaminated. It was only the 4 new prints, all of which had stretchy tabs so I'm guessing that's not what OP has. I have 6 of the BW Duo Wrap Velcro diapers and they have all worked really well for me for the past month. I did have one leak, and guess where it happened? The Jumperoo. I started stuffing them with both of the inserts they came with, microfiber on top and bamboo on the bottom, and I haven't had a leak since.

Like a pp, they are my second favorite behind BG 4.0. I have 6 of those as well and I'm thinking of buying 7 more tonight.

The co-op I'm referring to didn't get the BWs with the stretchy tabs. There are lots of BW co-ops so how can you know it was only one batch?