Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I just realized there are way too many cloth diaper choices... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438095)

ChihuahuaMama13 08-30-2012 06:56 PM

I just realized there are way too many cloth diaper choices...

I can't handle the prefolds and covers anymore. I wanted to make it work, I love how easily everything washes up, but I just need something easier now that DS goes to a sitter and I'm in school (and trying to get homework done around him as well). My mom bought me some disposables for right now, but I need a new diaper system. I'd prefer to stay away from pockets, because I just get piles of diapers that need to be stuffed and that's totally defeating the purpose of what I'm looking for. I'm looking for an AIO or AI2 system. What I've seen online and been trying to wrap my head around are:

-Best Bottoms
-GroVia hybrids
-GroVia AIOs
-BG Freetimes
-Swaddlebees Simplex (leaning towards the OS so I can leave the tongue out if I don't get to stuffing them)

It's also a possibility for me to return to fitteds and wool, but I'm not 100% that I want to go back that route again.

The Freetimes I'm unsure about just because of the microfiber. I need to know that I'll be able to get them clean if I get wrapped up in homework and can't get to the laundromat for 4 or 5 days.

Anyone with experience with these, I'm also hoping whichever system I buy, will last until DS potty-trains :pray:

Input? Thoughts? Please help... :goodvibes:

ChihuahuaMama13 08-30-2012 06:58 PM

Re: I just realized there are way too many cloth diaper choices...

FWIW... I also only hang dry. Clothes, diapers, it doesn't matter. It all goes on the drying rack.

sunshine987 08-30-2012 08:16 PM

Because of your laundry requirements, I would recommend natural fibers. I really like the swaddlebees os simplex. They dry pretty quick when hung to dry. I haven't used any other diapers on your list though so I can't compare them.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

threekstrio 08-30-2012 08:22 PM

any chance you could just tri-fold your prefolds into covers? it doesn't get much simpler than that unless you use aio's. you could even prefill some covers and the person changing the LO can just lay it open, lay baby down, and close. easy, peasy. kwim? :thumbsup:

mrspopo 08-30-2012 08:28 PM

I have used grovia AIOs & hybrids, and freetimes. Both kinds of Grovias take forever to dry here. The freetimes did airdry for us in about the same amount of time pockets take.

As far as simplicity and convenience goes, I definitely like the grovia AIOs. They stay put, they're absorbant and fit great. I didn't like the hybrids because I didn't like the extra steps of a 2 part system and I couldn't get the inserts tucked inside very easily. The freetime isn't too bad but it still takes an extra step to fold it out of the wash, and would easily come unfolded when being handled. It's also kinda confusing to explain to others.

ChihuahuaMama13 08-30-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threekstrio
any chance you could just tri-fold your prefolds into covers? it doesn't get much simpler than that unless you use aio's. you could even prefill some covers and the person changing the LO can just lay it open, lay baby down, and close. easy, peasy. kwim? :thumbsup:

That's what I've been doing for the past year.... It's not easy at all trying to keep an insert in a cover with a squirmy toddler and trying to study. And my dad has a fused thumb and fingers, so he can't be adjusting inserts either. That's exactly why I'm looking at aio's. Sorry, I tried to be specific about what I was looking at...

ChihuahuaMama13 08-30-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrspopo
I have used grovia AIOs & hybrids, and freetimes. Both kinds of Grovias take forever to dry here. The freetimes did airdry for us in about the same amount of time pockets take.

As far as simplicity and convenience goes, I definitely like the grovia AIOs. They stay put, they're absorbant and fit great. I didn't like the hybrids because I didn't like the extra steps of a 2 part system and I couldn't get the inserts tucked inside very easily. The freetime isn't too bad but it still takes an extra step to fold it out of the wash, and would easily come unfolded when being handled. It's also kinda confusing to explain to others.

That might be alright anyway. I've got a dehumidifier and a fan that blows directly on the drying rack. Thanks mama! :)

ChihuahuaMama13 08-30-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine987
Because of your laundry requirements, I would recommend natural fibers. I really like the swaddlebees os simplex. They dry pretty quick when hung to dry. I haven't used any other diapers on your list though so I can't compare them.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Thanks mama :thumbsup: They are one that's on the top of my list :)

Catbutt Diapers 08-31-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMama13 (Post 15617288)
And my dad has a fused thumb and fingers, so he can't be adjusting inserts either. .

My MIL only has one hand, and she can do velcro BG Freetimes no problem. They are her and my DH's favorite diapers. I find them a little bulky, but I have them cinched down as small as they go.

el's mama 08-31-2012 12:43 AM

I find the GroVia AIOs tiny. I wouldn't count on them to last till PL'ing on a lot of kids. The Freetimes are small-ish too (smaller than a BGE). The OS Simplex is generously sized (DD can wear her's on the med rise) and since they're Birdseye they should wash and dry easily. Those definitely get my vote. :)