Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   Moving Saturday! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438181)

5PrincessMommy 08-31-2012 12:09 AM

Moving Saturday!

We are moving Saturday. We just signed the lease Monday! I've been working all week (2nd week of work), plus in grad school, and it's dh second week of college, and wow, am I tired! Anyway, I am SOOO excited because I am getting rid of SO much stuff! I am literally looking at every item and thinking: Do I really want to pack this up, load it in the truck and unpack it? If the answer is no it gets thrown in my donation pile. There's been a lot of no's LOL. And I've already done some pretty major purging (if anyone remembers my master bedroom purge, plus did the 40 day purge). I got rid of pretty much everything in my bedroom LOL. The only thing I kept was my mattress (even sold bed lol), my dresser, and the 2 storage drawers of baby clothes and diapers. That's IT! Oh, and my alarm clock LOL. Some things I was just keeping b/c they did have a purpose BUT I don't actually LIKE them so not worth it to move them. If I find I NEED a replacement down the road, I figure I can just buy something I actually like. Anyway, have a lady coming to pick up everything in the morning and I'm sure there will be more b/c we aren't done packing yet. Trash guy is gonna hate us too LOL. I can't wait to get to my new house! Plus we are moving from a 3 bedroom to a 4 bedroom, but we are bringing LESS stuff, so that means the place will seem even bigger! Plus will make unpacking so much easier. Dh is even on board, but he went overboard and started throwing away court documents from my previous divorce, some of my school stuff, etc and I ahd to go dig them out of the trash!

wordbox 08-31-2012 04:42 AM

Re: Moving Saturday!

That's wonderful, good luck with the move! While moving isn't exactly "fun," I have always loved that fresh new start feeling that I had. I love unpacking, too, and getting to set up things in a new place. :)

TypeAMom 08-31-2012 05:15 AM

Great job! And go you for dealing with purging, a move, school, kids, etc! It'll be nice having less cleaning to do when not cleaning around stuff and having as much to pick up which has got to be awesome when you're so busy in every other area of your life.

elizabeth.scalf 08-31-2012 06:38 AM

Awesome job!

P!nkPepper 08-31-2012 09:28 AM

Great job! Good luck with the move.

Jodie ~ wife & mama

5PrincessMommy 08-31-2012 11:32 AM

Thanks! Everything is piled outside of my front door waiting to be picked up. There was even more than I realized and probably more still to go. Plus I have a bag of clothes that are being shipped out to thredup today too. My 6 y.o dd was awesome and got rid of a bunch of clothes and toys. My older dd's, not so much.

5PrincessMommy 08-31-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordbox (Post 15618151)
That's wonderful, good luck with the move! While moving isn't exactly "fun," I have always loved that fresh new start feeling that I had. I love unpacking, too, and getting to set up things in a new place. :)

Yes! I actually love moving b/c of that reason! The longest place I've lived in my whole life was 2.5 years. I think I got used to moving growing up, and as an adult, I pretty much move for new jobs or b/c of a new baby. I started out in a 1 bedroom apt, then 2 bed, then 3 bed, then got divorced went back to a 1 bedroom apt for me and 3 girls, then 2 bedroom and had my 4th dd. Then moved to AZ to 3 bedroom, had my 5th dd and moving to 4 bedroom. We could never, ever afford a house like this in Cali, it would be in the $2500 range or more for a similar house in a similar neighborhood. The COL difference amazes me! I still have an issue seeing myself as "poor" and when we drove up I told dh "I don't belong here! It's too nice!". Gotta change my thinking!

Fashionably Green Baby 09-01-2012 10:55 AM

Hope the move is going smoothly!

5PrincessMommy 09-03-2012 02:24 AM

move went great! my old neighbor and IL's helped us and we got it all done. And guess what? I'm almost done unpacking! I can't even believe it! I think it is because I got rid of so much! It's super late, but I want to get it done, so may stay up to finish the last little bit. I was motivated to get it all done b.c tomorrow I want to go thrift store shopping and Tuesday back to work! I wanted the house to be clean and organized and functional so I do not worry about the baby and toddler getting into everything or getting hurt. Even unpacking I got rid of more stuff. I went through my keepsakes stuff and realized I kept a lot of stuff I do not actually care about. I also went through my girls school boxes (stuff I keep over the years) and tossed some of that too. And I have a box of stuff to take to work with me on Tuesday for my classroom. And I found some mini dry erase board erasers that I have been looking for for the last year! LOL