Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   C-Section pain 22 months later (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438355)

lil'mommakaye 08-31-2012 02:10 PM

C-Section pain 22 months later

I had an emergency Csect 10-28-10 and my scar STILL bothers me. Its red and puffy still and hurts when I do certian exersizes (climbing push ups and abs work outs)
It also itches A LOT still. I dont get it. :(

Has anyone else had issues like this?

TaraB 08-31-2012 02:25 PM

Re: C-Section pain 22 months later

some times itchy but not pain...my first was an emergency c sec my second was planned at 40weeks because ds#2 was not cooperating for the vbac

Mom2jandb 08-31-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil'mommakaye
I had an emergency Csect 10-28-10 and my scar STILL bothers me. Its red and puffy still and hurts when I do certian exersizes (climbing push ups and abs work outs)
It also itches A LOT still. I dont get it. :(

Has anyone else had issues like this?

Mine still hurts 3 years later. My new doc thinks its adhesions. It isn't red or puffy though... Not sure if that's okay.

EmmieSuesbabyboutique 08-31-2012 02:42 PM

Mine is not red or itchy anymore but sometimes if I turn or move a certain way the pain stops me in my tracks. Even 12 years later

Merlady1 08-31-2012 05:31 PM

I too had an emergency c-section just over 2 years ago and I still have issues from it. If I turn a certain way I get a searing pain in my abs. I can't do push ups either and my scars still itch (I have two).

walawala 08-31-2012 05:39 PM

The right edge of mine still has pain if I touch the skin around it a certain way. I thought something was wrong but it seems 'normal' for a lot of peopld. My last cs was 3 years ago.

lil'mommakaye 08-31-2012 08:48 PM

My scar really doesnt look any different then it did just a few months after getting it. It is hard and red and still puffed out. there is only one spot on the right that looks like a regular scar. I hate it. :cry: I dont think i would mind if my DD had actually lived. But the fact that she didnt and it is still this bad, noticable and annoying makes me angry. >_<

Mom2jandb 08-31-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil'mommakaye
My scar really doesnt look any different then it did just a few months after getting it. It is hard and red and still puffed out. there is only one spot on the right that looks like a regular scar. I hate it. :cry: I dont think i would mind if my DD had actually lived. But the fact that she didnt and it is still this bad, noticable and annoying makes me angry. >_<

Oh mama. I saw your story recently and it broke my heart. :cry: Of course that would make a huge difference in how you view the scar. As if the emotional pain isn't enough, this ugly scar gives you physical pain for good measure. :hugs:

L&A'smommy 09-01-2012 09:14 AM

You could have a keloid forming/formed where your scar is. That's what happened to me. :hugs:

starfairy1980 09-01-2012 11:47 AM

I was thinking a Keloid, too. Google it and see if that is what your scar looks like. Mine keloided part of it, and that part bothers me more than the other. I've also noticed that because im big, and live in the south, and sweat alot, there are some days when that thing just itches and itches. I made some body powder that helps.