Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   tell me about formula poop (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438391)

hcokasil 08-31-2012 03:24 PM

tell me about formula poop

i'm currently pregnant with my 4th. All three of my other babies were EBF and i LOVED the newborn ebf poop stage for cleaning cloth diapers. so easy! This little bean will be EFF and i am sooo scared of formula poop!
Maybe this is gross, but can you tell me about formula poop and a newbie? how do you wash it out of diapers. is it really as bad as i'm imagining? TIA!

mms1972 08-31-2012 03:27 PM

LOL...i don't think it's that bad! I have a diaper sprayer and i always use that!

Sent from my VM670 using DS Forum

blhuns01 08-31-2012 03:58 PM

Re: tell me about formula poop

We almost always used a sprayer but it is pretty much the same. Runny and everything but not yellowish like EBF poop. As long as there are no solid pieces you can still just wash your cloth diapers the same way.

Msheidiann 08-31-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcokasil
i'm currently pregnant with my 4th. All three of my other babies were EBF and i LOVED the newborn ebf poop stage for cleaning cloth diapers. so easy! This little bean will be EFF and i am sooo scared of formula poop!
Maybe this is gross, but can you tell me about formula poop and a newbie? how do you wash it out of diapers. is it really as bad as i'm imagining? TIA!

It's not so bad!! just spray them.

hcokasil 08-31-2012 06:39 PM

guys, i don't want to spray them! sigh...

Hungry Caterpillar 08-31-2012 09:10 PM

I don't spray them -- we don't have a sprayer.

However, when we combined formula and solids, I put fleece liners in. That poop was hard to get off. But, I imagine it's probably harder for breastmilk + solids poop to come off as well.

No worries on the spraying :)

Computermama 09-01-2012 08:20 AM

your diapers are more likely to stain, poop will not be yellow, but more likely a shade of green, and will be a touch thicker than EBF poop. You could certainly try going without spraying, I generally just emptied into the toilet, what plopped plopped, and what didn't went in the wash.

clnapoli 09-01-2012 08:56 AM

I do use a sprayer, but my LO has been on formula exclusively for a month and we don't have any stains on our cloth diapers. I use the flip system and haven't had any problems. The only difference I find from ebf poop is that formula poop is quite a bit stinkier!:)

laura1982 09-13-2012 02:09 PM

I find that it's more of a pasty consistency.

AcrossTheUniverse 09-13-2012 02:30 PM

I have had 5 formula fed kiddos and cloth diapered all of them. Never used a sprayer and never had stain issues. When they aren't eating solids yet the poop will come out in the wash just like EBF poop. It is a common misconception that it won't.