Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Side snap or aplix? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438589)

POMHMomi 09-01-2012 09:28 AM

Side snap or aplix?

What is everyones opinion on side snapping and side aplix diapers?

Trynitey 09-01-2012 09:57 AM

Re: Side snap or aplix?

I am not a big fan of either. I don't like side snaps b/c most of the time the flaps that go in the front tend to wick on us. I would use Aplix but I prefer just regular snaps in the front.

BirthdayMama 09-01-2012 10:55 AM

I've never tried side aplix, but I do prefer side snaps. On LO, they put a lot less pressure on her tummy and so they're kinder to her reflux. On DD1, I use side snap dipes with stretchy tabs as pull-ups for night.

DottieHarley 09-01-2012 12:53 PM

We are a no-aplix house. I assumed DH and DCP would like aplix, but DH can't deal with the laundry chains and DCP us chronically unable to fasten laundry tabs :-)
I like side snaps, but we don't have any - BGEs and 4.0's go to daycare so for consistency's sake we only do front snaps. I really liked sized bottombumpers.

247mom 09-01-2012 01:42 PM

I would say snaps b/c I have used aplix and it is frustrating when they don't stick well anymore, they can fill up w/ lint and have to be cleaned. Side snaps are nice for us, b/c they leave a nice smooth front. If they have enough side snaps, they should fit a wide range of body types. HTH!!

iheartua07 09-01-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DottieHarley (Post 15624337)
We are a no-aplix house. I assumed DH and DCP would like aplix, but DH can't deal with the laundry chains and DCP us chronically unable to fasten laundry tabs :-)
I like side snaps, but we don't have any - BGEs and 4.0's go to daycare so for consistency's sake we only do front snaps. I really liked sized bottombumpers.

I'd go with snaps for the same reason. I'm slowly phasing out my aplix for snaps.

lrgs 09-01-2012 08:37 PM

I never used to like side snaps but I gave them another shot and I love them.......they are so trim fitting and gentle on her tummy. I also like having some aplix in my stash......snaps hold up better but sometimes you just can't beat the ease of aplix.

BuggaBuggaBoutique 09-01-2012 09:14 PM

Side snaps are my absolutely favorite. They fit better and trimmer than front snaps on all 5 of my children :)

Hi-Dog 09-01-2012 11:09 PM

I only have one side snapping cover (a Jamtots berry plush) and it's nice, but takes longer for me to secure it on DD (maybe just a learning curve and with time it will be quick--DH was clueless and just put a good 'ol thirsties cover on after changing her out of the side snapping cover).

I am assuming a "side aplix" diaper would be like a G-diaper? We've tried them and I liked the look and fit, but we only got size small and DD quickly grew out of them. I love regular aplix and that's what most of our stash is (fitteds and covers with aplix). It's just easy to get a snug fit because DD has a tiny waist and no butt! I feel like snaps give me limited options for how snug or loose her diaper can go.

boysniris 09-01-2012 11:24 PM

When we're at home, I like side or front snap diapers. However, I have noticed that when my son is being a crankypants who wants me to put his diaper on while he's standing up (normally this only happens when we are out and about), a side snap diaper is easier for me than a front snap. I have never tried side aplix. I generally prefer snaps.