Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   tilted uterus anyone? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438649)

MrsS 09-01-2012 12:42 PM

tilted uterus anyone?

I had my internal exam done this last midwife apt.and she said my uterus is very tilted forward and that's why I show earlier and also why I feel the baby move so easily and early. I've been feeling this baby since 11 weeks and on the outside since 12 weeks.

She also said it makes pushing on your back A LOT harder. My last two births were on my back and this time I really want to birth upright. Squatting or standing or on hands and knees.

Anyways anyone else with this experience?

Ashtyn(n)Nyla'sMama 09-01-2012 04:29 PM

Mine has been tilted forward forever. IMO, laboring on my knees/upright is much easier.

Sent from my LS670 using DS Forum which thinks it's smarter then me.

peaches330 09-01-2012 04:47 PM

Re: tilted uterus anyone?

Mine is tilted forward a little bit as well. My birth on my back was definitely my worst, then again I think that's the worst possible position for anybody. My sitting/squatting births were definitely much easier and I had a much easier recovery.

katymf 09-01-2012 06:09 PM

mine tilts backward..for my 11eeweek MW with DS my MW tried finding the heartbeat but couldnt then did an interal exam and said the HB would be harder to find because of my tilted uterus. never caused any problems for me though!

katymf 09-01-2012 06:09 PM

mine tilts backward..for my 11 week MW with DS my MW tried finding the heartbeat but couldnt then did an interal exam and said the HB would be harder to find because of my tilted uterus. never caused any problems for me though!

rachaeljohnson 09-01-2012 07:37 PM

mine is way tilted...but usually it straightens out as your uterus grows...that being said i couldn't push on my back...ouch...michael was born squatting.

Truckerswife 09-03-2012 12:55 PM

mine is tilted backwards and I spend most of my labors standing or squatting with my 1st he got stuck and I tore a lot had 50-60 stitches afterwards so with my 2nd I did push in bed but in a semi squatting positioning while my midwife used lots of oil and had me push slowly to help prevent tearing with my 3rd I didn't push at all she was just ready :) I was sitting up in bed as I had only been out of the shower for 20 minutes and the nurse had just checked me and said I was dilated 6-7 I was planning to get back up and sit on the ball but than thing went so fast at the end :)

trying4more 09-03-2012 01:06 PM

As for as I know, the uterus is normally tilted a bit forward.
Mine is tilted back towards my spine, which make early u/s's a bit harder and doesn't give good measurments. My last u/s said I was a week behind my due date, but then got a better angle and showed a perfect 8wk baby! It has always flipped forward at some point during pregnant, but after baby's born, it flips back!

I think pushing on your back is hard anyways. My first 2 babies were flat on my back and took a longer than my last 2 babies that I was sitting/squatting or on my side.

karlitacat 09-18-2012 07:20 PM

I have a tilted uterus.... but to be honest I don't know which way it tilts! My midwife has never mentioned that it makes things easier or harder, but I hear it makes for more painful menstrual cramps (?). I felt my 1st baby move at 20wks, my 2nd at 19, and this time around it was 16wks, so if my uterus is tilted forward then it's not really helping in that area!

Laboring on your back isn't really good for anyone, but I did it the first time around because I was induced and pretty much tethered, and the second time around because my legs didn't feel strong enough to hold me up (though I did change positions, which helps immensely). I kept my back straight, though, rather than laying flat.