Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Did you pack cloth diapers for the hospital? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438752)

MaryInPinedale 09-01-2012 05:50 PM

Did you pack cloth diapers for the hospital?

I am not currently expecting, but this question came across my mind and I was just curious. Did you pack cloth diapers to use for your hospital birth? How did it work out for you?

7 for now 09-01-2012 06:03 PM

I did and it was all we used from the get-go.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Hillargh 09-01-2012 06:13 PM

Yep. They provided prefolds in room, but I had ones specially for the first ones he wore :wub:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

HeatherlovesCDs 09-01-2012 07:52 PM

Re: Did you pack cloth diapers for the hospital?

We don't. There is no reason you couldn't, but I personally don't want to have to wash diaper laundry when I come home. If I was having a homebirth or birthing at a birth center, I would CD right from the start. But, for us, it's just easier to use sposies that they provide while at the hospital. We bring one to put on the baby for going home (or babies in my case since I've had 2 sets of twins).

I am considering possibly doing it this time since I'm only having one baby. Plus, the hospital I'm delivering in this time is VERY baby friendly. The baby never leaves your room at all for any reason unless there is some sort of emergency. It seems like it might be easier at this hospital than any other I've delivered in.

Anyway, either way, it works out just fine. It's just a personal preference. :)

jlsquire0324 09-01-2012 08:00 PM

I'm all about free diapers that I don't have to wash :thumbs up: so, no I don't take cloth to the hospital. I start cloth when I run out of disposables :) :good vibes:

Chamomile Girl 09-01-2012 08:02 PM

I used cloth from the get-go. It was pretty funny how the nurses reacted to it actually. I guess its uncommon, lol. One intern didn't even know it was a diaper, and asked me if his diaper was "under that thing".

I like doing laundry (it is my favorite household task) so having to wash diapers right away was no big deal (although I needed help loading and unloading the washer at first because I had a section).

my2sweets 09-01-2012 08:21 PM

I dont plan on taking cloth to the hospital. With my past experience of (trying) to breastfeed Im concentrating on that first. Once I know if Ill be able to bf or not then Ill switch to cloth. Bfing has been so stressful and frustrating for me that I want everything else to be easy as possible-and that includes having a diapering option dh wont moan about.

nonipie 09-01-2012 08:32 PM

I have mine packed and hopefully will CD from the start. Last time DD was born at 35 weeks and we were caught off guard so I didn't have anything packed but we got it the next day. At the hospital I delivered at they are all about you taking care of your baby so noone besides us even changed them. They wouldn't even know what we put on them. DH washed until I could so it was no different for me. Not like I wouldn't be changing their diaper anyway and it's not as if those sposies are free. If they open it you pay for it so I would rather they not open it.

ajbailey89 09-01-2012 08:35 PM

Nope. Not going to say no to free sposies. Like a PP, I use the sposies until they run out.

yellowitchgrl 09-01-2012 08:47 PM

Other- I didn't but would if I had a hospital birth because my kids have proven to be allergic.