Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438763)

Arizonah13 09-01-2012 06:32 PM

Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler

Realistically, what would be the best option as an overnight diaper for a good sized babe (27lbs at almost 16 months old and about 85-90th percentile weight/height). She still has a bottle of milk before bed every night :blush: (we'll wean her of that soon.... hopefully). So anyway, she goes to bed loaded with a belly full of liquid.

She is a great sleeper (anywhere from 10-12 hours solidly) so I'd like something to make it through that time span without leaking and while keeping her comfortable.

Please tell me what works best for you!

laineypaige 09-01-2012 07:36 PM

Re: Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler

I just tried using 2 padfolded flats in a pocket diaper for my 20 month old, and I was surprised how well it worked. I covered it all with a wool soaker just in case it leaked but I would have been fine without it. Tonight I'm trying to bamboo inserts in a pocket, again covered with a wool soaker, just in case :)

mariamommy 09-01-2012 07:45 PM

I use a BG 4.0 stuffed with a large cotton flat and a joeybunz hemp insert behind it. Its never leaked for my 2 yr old! You may need two hemp inserts for your super soaker. They're amazingly trim and very absorbent.

I use a pocket because I think the suedecloth inner does a good job of keeping their skin feeling dry. I would hate to sleep in a fitted, personally.

Arizonah13 09-02-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laineypaige (Post 15625788)
I just tried using 2 padfolded flats in a pocket diaper for my 20 month old, and I was surprised how well it worked. I covered it all with a wool soaker just in case it leaked but I would have been fine without it. Tonight I'm trying to bamboo inserts in a pocket, again covered with a wool soaker, just in case :)

What type of flats do you use? And wool scares me! Both the upkeep/care and the price to be honest. Do you have any wool tips? Or have a brand or seller that makes a good wool cover?

And I'd love to know how the bamboo inserts work for you! (and which ones you're using) :)

Thanks!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamommy (Post 15625837)
I use a BG 4.0 stuffed with a large cotton flat and a joeybunz hemp insert behind it. Its never leaked for my 2 yr old! You may need two hemp inserts for your super soaker. They're amazingly trim and very absorbent.

I use a pocket because I think the suedecloth inner does a good job of keeping their skin feeling dry. I would hate to sleep in a fitted, personally.

I like that you're able to use a pocket overnight! (although we do have some BG 4.0's and I don't think they'd fit her that well if we really stuffed them to capacity. :( But I definitely like the idea of her having some a dry feeling overnight.
Which hemp inserts do you prefer?

Thanks!! :)

Isabellesmama 09-02-2012 06:56 AM

We use fitteds with a cover for my 19mth suuuuper nighttime soaker. We just got some goodmamas in the mail & used our first one last night NO LEAK!! :) I had a leak with GMD workhorses which others swear by but I would def look into getting some fitteds I got leaks with pockets every diff kind & every diff combination they just aren't meant for heavy nighttime wetters. I've also heard a lot of good things about flip organic inserts but haven't tried them out yet. Microfiber can give you compression leaks so unless your LO needs that "stay dry" feeling I'd stay away from MF. Also I have some bamboo doublers(softbums)& i like them as a lil extra absorbable but really wanna get some hemp babies hear great things about them.

buckner6 09-02-2012 06:58 AM

My DD always leaked through pockets at night. The only thing that works for this heavywetter is a bamboo fitted under a wool soaker or longies.

momma_dna 09-02-2012 07:30 AM

Our heavy wetter does well with an Sbish snapless and wool interlock or Disanas as a cover. We use both Sbish inserts, fold the big one in half in the wet zone. We also add an extra cotton doubler on top of all that. Works very well and we've had no leaks the past five months of using this combo. He will go 10-12hrs and be fine. When he was a nursing all night I'd also add a wool insert but I think I was paranoid. LOL

Arizonah13 09-02-2012 09:59 AM

Thanks ladies!

It really sounds like a fitted (and possibly some additional inserts/doublers), plus a cover is the best route.

Wool price and care really scares me... are there any covers anyone would suggest to go over a fitted and inserts? What about a motherease air flow? Are those more breathable than say a Thirsties cover?

I love these suggestions - keep 'em coming! :)

Arizonah13 09-02-2012 10:00 AM

Thanks ladies!

It really sounds like a fitted (and possibly some additional inserts/doublers), plus a cover is the best route.

Wool price and care really scares me... are there any covers anyone would suggest to go over a fitted and inserts? What about a motherease air flow? Are those more breathable than say a Thirsties cover?

I love these suggestions - keep 'em coming! :)

SweetMamaKaty 09-02-2012 11:42 AM

This may be totally different from what you're looking for, but what about the nighttime Super Undies? They're supposed to be able to handle even older kids overnight!