Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Got milk? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438814)

My_Tree_Grows 09-01-2012 09:43 PM

Got milk?

For the nursing mamas: anyone still have a good supply, or has it dropped significantly? I have very little now, only drops (and sometimes not) when I attempt to express or pump. I'll dry nurse until my colostrum kicks in if need be, because we believe in self-weaning after age 2.5, but man - it's so frustrating and sad right now that I can't feed my child! Anyone else in the same place?

You Tell 'Em 09-02-2012 12:53 AM

We're still good on the milk front here :blush: But I am getting frustrated more when it comes to bedtime nursing down... 30-45 mins of sucking is taking a toll on my nips. But commitment is commitment (I keep having to remind myself)... And DD still needs the comfort. :wub:

rachaeljohnson 09-02-2012 07:23 AM

Re: Got milk?

still more than drops but a definite drop. He still happily nurses though. We are trying to cut him down to 4-6 times a day though bc i was getting nursed out and really don't want to quit all together but 15 times a day was exhausting this pregnant momma. So interesting how differently milk production is for all of us while pregannt.

Hunny Bunny Baby 09-02-2012 12:36 PM

I still have milk, not a ton, but since I also believe in child led weaning we are still nursing here. Gabby is down to nap & bedtime, she will be 2 in two weeks. Maddie weaned on her own about a month ago at 3 1/2. It hurts like holy heck right now, but we will keep going anyway ;)

rachaeljohnson 09-02-2012 05:50 PM

kalle-only 2ce a day on her own? My ds will be 2 in 4 weeks and would still nurse 20 times a day if i didn't say no from time to time...gah...i want him to wean on his own, but we are gently cutting him back as my pregnant body cannot handle the constant nursing.

calleiah 09-02-2012 06:52 PM

Not sure what really is left. He still nurses like theres something there, though he's started going to sleep without actively nursing! Yay, love seeing him flop over and go to sleep. I guess Ill keep going until he gets tired of it. lol

MDever 09-02-2012 07:42 PM

Mine is totally gone...Poppy is still nursing but not nearly as much. In fact she will latch on and then pop off to tell me that the milkies in her nurse are all gone:cry: I will not prevent her from nursing, she is just under 21 months and I had no intention of her weaning before 3yo. I feel more than a bit guilty because this was not a planned pregnancy and it has certainly changed things for Poppy.

Hunny Bunny Baby 09-02-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachaeljohnson (Post 15628882)
kalle-only 2ce a day on her own? My ds will be 2 in 4 weeks and would still nurse 20 times a day if i didn't say no from time to time...gah...i want him to wean on his own, but we are gently cutting him back as my pregnant body cannot handle the constant nursing.

Yep 2x a day by her choice. She is very different than her two older sisters. They would both have nursed all day long at 2 lol. Seriously I know at Bella's 2 year check up, she was still nursing at least 8x a day every day. In fact until she recently weaned, Maddie was nursing more at 3 1/2 than gabby was at 2. Strange, but honestly, I am not complaining since while my breasts barely hurt at all first tri they are absolutely killing me now

Blueberry32 09-02-2012 09:27 PM

I'm pretty sure my milk is gone but Annabelle still nurses 1-3x a day. Really wish she would stop it's getting very uncomfortable. She always nurses to sleep, in the morning if she asks for it she nurses but she doesn't always ask, and if she wakes up at night she usually nurses to get back to sleep. She's 2.

Hunny Bunny Baby 09-03-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueberry32 (Post 15629702)
I'm pretty sure my milk is gone but Annabelle still nurses 1-3x a day. Really wish she would stop it's getting very uncomfortable. She always nurses to sleep, in the morning if she asks for it she nurses but she doesn't always ask, and if she wakes up at night she usually nurses to get back to sleep. She's 2.

Oh yes, Gabby still wakes up once or twice at night to nurse...forgot about that :giggle: It used to be every night but over the past couple weeks she has actually been sttn some :yay: