Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Thirsties vs. Flip (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439012)

kreitzer 09-02-2012 12:56 PM

Thirsties vs. Flip

I have read that a lot of people have used prefolds/Kissaluvs with a Thirstie cover for infants. Why use the Thirstie cover instead of the Flip? I am reading a lot of people love the Flip diaper and put prefolds in it. Just curious why you couldn't use a Flip from the beginning. Am I missing something?

April

Dancy Baby 09-02-2012 12:59 PM

I think it's because for most newborns a Flip cover would be way too big. Thirsties covers come sized or duo sized so they can fit a smaller baby. I used Thirsties but never really loved how they fit and since my ds was big by 3 wo he could fit into a Flip pretty well.

lrgs 09-02-2012 01:03 PM

Re: Thirsties vs. Flip

Yeah, what pp said, Flips will be big on a newborn, especially a little one. I know some do it and make it work but that was much too bulky for my taste and I had an 8 pound baby. Thirsties were much better for the tiny stage.

kreitzer 09-02-2012 01:08 PM

That makes sense. Thanks so much for the replies.

April

MrsS 09-06-2012 12:49 PM

I loved the gussets on the Duos and actually used my size two duos on my 9 and 10lber just fine. They were puffy but they didn't gap or leak. So if you have big faster growing babies you can go straight to size two. The flips don't have gussets and didn't fit as tight around the thighs. I didn't use them much at all till he was 9months.

Jen's_4 09-06-2012 12:58 PM

Thirsties Duos snap down so small and cute and fit awesome on a LO. Flips, not so much. It is workable, but not great. Plus the gussets of the Thristies are awesome for containing EBF poo with teeny tiny thighs. Sometimes it's hard to get a good fit with legs that little but the gussets make it doable.

Arizonah13 09-06-2012 01:01 PM

I have some of each and greatly prefer the Thirsties Duos. They are the BEST (by a mile) out of the ones I've tried (Flips, Econobum, etc)

Kabuki24 09-06-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancy Baby (Post 15628179)
I think it's because for most newborns a Flip cover would be way too big. Thirsties covers come sized or duo sized so they can fit a smaller baby. I used Thirsties but never really loved how they fit and since my ds was big by 3 wo he could fit into a Flip pretty well.

Yeah, I can't imagine a flip cover fitting a 7 pounder!

keonli 09-06-2012 01:20 PM

I bought both flips and Thirsties for my new babe due in December. The Thirsties are definitely smaller in a size one than the flips, but both are nice covers. I also like how many different prints are in Thirsties versus the plain flips.