Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   40 Day Purge: Week 4 - Sep 3-7 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439109)

indigo152 09-02-2012 06:48 PM

40 Day Purge: Week 4 - Sep 3-7

Wow, we've hit Week 4!
Are you feeling a difference in your home? I admit that I'm not feeling completely organized yet, but my way of thinking has changed greatly! I am much more aware of "stuff" now!

Monday (Day 16) - Magazines and newspapers

Tuesday (Day 17) - Decorative items in living areas (living room, family room, dining room, kitchen)

Wednesday (Day 18) - Furniture. Walk through the house, and assess whether there are unnecessary furniture items that can be removed. Either move them to your "stuff" storage today, or make a list to be dealt with at the end of the 40 days.

Thursday (Day 19) - Clothing - Kids dresser(s) - Day 1

Friday (Day 20) - Clothing - Kids dresser(s) - Day 2 (or get started on your own closet!)

indigo152 09-02-2012 07:08 PM

Today I had an urge to do some organizing / purging, and started to go through the kids' toys. Toys are way down on Day 37, but I just couldn't wait any longer!
We don't have a designated playroom, so toys live in our living room. I do have baskets to tidy them up, but it still looks cluttered with toys. I managed to nearly fill a big box with toys in a short manner of time.

I am also starting to second guess the idea of having a tag/yard sale. I had originally thought that it would be too much work, and I didn't want to try. However, I am feeling slightly greedy, and don't want to just donate everything.
I was wondering if it would make sense to have a kind of online yardsale through Craigslist where I could post photos of things, and sell only to local people. Has anyone tried that before? Or perhaps tried Facebook yardsale groups?

P!nkPepper 09-02-2012 07:28 PM

I just sold an exersaucer less than 5 minutes ago that I posted early this afternoon. Some things are worth it. Some are not. I sell on CL & 3 local FB yard sale groups.

Jodie ~ wife & mama

indigo152 09-03-2012 08:17 AM

Good to hear because I have an exersaucer to sell, too!
Do you use a photo site to display all your photos? I know a lot of people use Photobucket, and I have thought of using it, but wondered if there was a better site?

P!nkPepper 09-03-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo152
Good to hear because I have an exersaucer to sell, too!
Do you use a photo site to display all your photos? I know a lot of people use Photobucket, and I have thought of using it, but wondered if there was a better site?

I have a photobucket & snapfish but I usually just use my cell phone camera. It is easy to load them to FB or CL. Some people use Flickr.

Jodie ~ wife & mama

Fashionably Green Baby 09-03-2012 12:26 PM

I don't have newspapers or magazines but dh has magazines so I will ask him to take a look. I have him do that every few months

rawheid 09-03-2012 01:23 PM

Re: 40 Day Purge: Week 4 - Sep 3-7

I'm feeling a bit behind in the list, but this week school starts so I'll be one less kid at home. I'm going to play catch up this week!!!

Ready2Bmommy 09-04-2012 06:48 AM

Our local Facebook pages are HOT! They stay full of traffic, and I have sold LOTS of stuff fast on them! Definitely worth trying, IMO.

indigo152 09-04-2012 07:31 AM

Just curious how you can use the Facebook pages without people seeing all your FB info (location, photos, posts)?
Also, how do you search for local FB sales pages? I can't seem to find a local group, but think that there must be...

Ready2Bmommy 09-04-2012 08:16 AM

I'm not quite sure how to find local pages. I have just heard about them through other people in my area.