Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   What to do with empty spaces? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439237)

meeshkasheeba 09-03-2012 08:44 AM

What to do with empty spaces?

We have become so minimalist in the bathroom that we have 5 empty drawers. What do you do with empty drawers? I have room to put towels in there, but I don't want them to stay moist fromt he steam from showers so we don't store towels in there.

Swimmingly 09-03-2012 11:25 AM

Re: What to do with empty spaces?

MIL is so minimalist that she has empty drawers and really nothing to put in them. I think she has empty space in every single room in her house. She just leaves it empty.

I'm not there yet :giggle:

megenic 09-03-2012 11:34 AM

I just leave mine empty. I really enjoy the empty drawers and cupboards...it gives me some kind of weird thrill :-)

solarbabies 09-03-2012 12:16 PM

Oh I cant wait until we have empty space! We have super limited storage space so we are far from there lol

SenoraE 09-03-2012 12:31 PM

Are you sure the towels would collect moisture from the showers? Can you put a sheet of paper in each drawer as a test for a few days? We moved our towels to the bathrooms and it freed up most of the space in the linen closet, which is now my kiddo's art project storage.

meeshkasheeba 09-03-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenoraE (Post 15632043)
Are you sure the towels would collect moisture from the showers? Can you put a sheet of paper in each drawer as a test for a few days? We moved our towels to the bathrooms and it freed up most of the space in the linen closet, which is now my kiddo's art project storage.

I'll test it out. I just don't want to have musty smelling towels before I ever use them. This is a 1950's house that uses every single inch of house for something. We have more storage than I know what to do with.

TypeAMom 09-03-2012 07:04 PM

So far, my empty spaces have been used to store things that were cluttering up another place. Basically they were homeless before the clean up and now they have a home.

That's awesome that you have extra space. You could always keep them empty for now.

betsynic 09-03-2012 07:04 PM

If you really want to check for moisture put in one of the damp rid containers (our dollar tree store has them for a buck) and see if it pulls any moisture.

Ready2Bmommy 09-03-2012 07:31 PM

Can you define this "empty space" you're talking about?? I have no idea what that is ;) SERIOUSLY. Every nook and cranny of my house is utilized. It drives me batty!!

joeslittlewoman 09-03-2012 08:04 PM

I recently moved towels into one of the bathroom drawers and haven't noticed a problem. I know lots of people that store towels in the bathroom and they have never smelled musty (and we are in humid, stinky-water Oklahoma, lol).

I also like everything hidden (scales, tooth brushes, potty chairs if not being used frequently, etc). I have two empty cabinets in my upstairs bath, even with moving towels in and having my teenage sister move in. Moving the towels did give me extra space in the linen closet, which looks nice :-)