Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   What time do you wake up for work? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439522)

joyous 09-03-2012 09:46 PM

I'm starting a 7:30am-4:30pm schedule tomorrow, which I'm excited about because I'll be home earlier. I will also be taking a vanpool to work, which is great because I'm going to save so much money on gas and can read in the car.

But I have to meet the van at 6:25. I'll need to leave home at about 6:15. I'm nervous about having to be up so early. I will need to be up by 5:15 or 5:30 at the latest. I cosleep with DD and I'm worried she will wake up and not want to go back to sleep.

Anyone else wake up this early? What time do you go to bed? Are you completely exhausted by the end of the week?

5PrincessMommy 09-04-2012 01:03 AM

Re: What time do you wake up for work?

My first alarm goes off at 5. At that time I nurse dd and sleep/doze. My second alarm goes off at 6. This time I actually get out of bed. I actually have TWO alarms go off at this time. At this time I take a shower, etc. Another alarm goes off at 6:30 on the off chance I turned BOTH alarms off at 6 (done it before). At 6:30 I nurse the baby AGAIN, Leave at 7.

But actually I just moved this weekend, and b/c of this can push everything back a half hour. Just remembered that LOL.

I try my very hardest to go to bed by midnight. It all depends when I can get the baby and toddler down. The toddler especially does not sleep. Yes, I am exhausted. I usually take a little cat nap when I get home from work while nursing the baby, before I start dinner, schoolwork (mine), etc.

Nerissa 09-04-2012 06:22 AM

I work 6:30-2:30/3:00.

My alarm starts going off at 5am. I usually hit snooze till 5:30 and leave the house by 6am. On the nights when the boys have difficutly sleeping and end up in bed with me, like last night the both did and DH went to the couch, the alarm doesn't even phase them.

I am in bed by 10pm. Right now, at 37 weeks preggo, I am very tired by the middle of the week. I usually try and take a nap/doze on Wednesday afternoons. The boys will sit on the couch or bed with me and watch a a cartoon. We have been sticking pretty close to home so I take a nap on Saturday and Sunday. DH works tues-Sat (sometimes Sunday) 10am -10pm.

Once the babe gets here that schedule will change when I go back to work and I willl be getting up at 4:45am to beable to get a nursing session in before leaving.

Van1300 09-04-2012 04:18 PM

My job is 8am-5pm, but I start most mornings at home during work at the dining room table.

I COULD sleep in until 7:30am, but my daughter gets up at 6am. So I get up with her and take her to school and then usually come home and start paperwork before going to see my first client.

She started getting up early when the hubby got a job, and he leaves the house by 6:30am.

Oh well, we'll sleep when we are dead :)

Psychomom 09-04-2012 04:34 PM

I wake up at 4:30, but that's because I choose to go to a 5am workout class. (It's honestly the only time of the day I can go.) I leave the house at 4:45, I'm back home by 6-6:15, I make lunches for school, get the kids up at 6:30, get them ready and out the house by 7:20, in the shower myself at 7:30, ready to leave the house by 8:15. I only work 8:30-2:30, but I pick up the kids from school at 2:45 and from there it's sports.

Ideally, I'd go to bed at 9pm. Realistically, my kids go to bed around 8:30 and I just love the quiet. And even then, there's so much to do in terms of chores & getting ready for the next day. I end up going to bed around 11pm.

Yes, I'm completely exhausted by the end of the week. By Wednesday, really. ;) I sleep a lot on weekends.

joyous 09-04-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychomom
I wake up at 4:30, but that's because I choose to go to a 5am workout class. (It's honestly the only time of the day I can go.) I leave the house at 4:45, I'm back home by 6-6:15, I make lunches for school, get the kids up at 6:30, get them ready and out the house by 7:20, in the shower myself at 7:30, ready to leave the house by 8:15. I only work 8:30-2:30, but I pick up the kids from school at 2:45 and from there it's sports.

Ideally, I'd go to bed at 9pm. Realistically, my kids go to bed around 8:30 and I just love the quiet. And even then, there's so much to do in terms of chores & getting ready for the next day. I end up going to bed around 11pm.

Yes, I'm completely exhausted by the end of the week. By Wednesday, really. ;) I sleep a lot on weekends.

Wow you are incredible! I have thought about getting up earlier to go on a jog, but I don't have the discipline.

CarrieMF 09-04-2012 05:21 PM

Iw ork 8:30-3:15. I get up at 7 at the earliest. I leave at 8 to take the younger 2 to school, the oldest catches the bus at 8:25 or so. I could probably leave at 8:10 but like to give myself some extra time due to traffic and in the winter the roads being slippery.

flynnsmom 09-04-2012 09:26 PM

I am up at 5:30 or so, and out the door at 6:45. I get home around 4:00 at the earliest, but usually around 4:45. I am tired and adjusting to a commute. I want to sleep in on Saturdays, but DH is lazy and by the time he finally wakes up enough to get up with the kid, I have already been up 6 times to let the dogs in or out. At that point, I just get up and he gets to sleep in. Dang him ;).

EveryDayIsANewDay 09-04-2012 10:18 PM

It depends. On MWF I have school at 8. I wake up at 6:30, get the kids ready, and lay on couch with them til 7, then drop them off at daycare down the street. Daycare takes oldest to school, youngest stays there. Get home, get ready for college, leave by 7:45.

Now..days I have to open the store by myself and I have to be there at 7:30. I have to get up at 6. I abhor it!!! I am not a morning person. I get up, shower, get make up with light on (to wake up youngest slowly) in the bedroom, get oldest onto couch with tv at the same time to slowly wake her up, then get dressed, then get them dressed, then mom brushes their teeth and hair. By 7 am we are out the door, and I am normally early enough to work I can get some cheap breakfast at the Burger King next door to eat while I do paperwork.

Do I ever get to bed early....NO. I love my quiet nice peaceful time to myself after they get to bed at 9. Normally the days I work 7:30 to 3, I'll come home take an hour or so nap, THEN pick them up and get dinner started early. What sucks is the days I go to school, I close the store, so I work 2/3-10:15-10:30 pm. Get home right before 11 and sometimes the next day I have to open. I barely get any sleep these days.

dncegrl 09-04-2012 10:25 PM

I wake up at the latest 4 am and leave the house by 5 am. I try to wake up at 3:30 am so I can kind of get ready slowly...but i keep hitting snooze!
I start work at 5:40 am.