Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best nighttime diaper?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439578)

jenniferleighunc 09-04-2012 09:27 AM

Best nighttime diaper??

Hey ladies-- I'm sure this question has been posted many, many times, but I need help! My dd is a super soaker at night, and I've tried lots of options to keep from waking up to wet crib sheets and jammies. Itti bitti boo fitteds and a Kawaii cover has worked very well, but baby's skin isn't too happy with it. BG Freetimes worked well too, but I've had stink issues with them (no issues with my 4.0's, weird). Any of you used a pocket/all in one at night with success? TIA! :banghead:

mypeanut09 09-04-2012 09:41 AM

Re: Best nighttime diaper??

If I use my pockets I stuff them with Flip Organic inserts. They are really absorbent.

AniMommy 09-04-2012 11:11 AM

My favorite combo is Sbish obf snaps with a pair of fleece longies. My LO soaks everything but not this. We used bgos for day but they can't keep up.

I've had to size up recently and like green mountain fitted for half the price. I like them but do use add a mf doubler (from a BG). Not a big deal since I have tons of them. I am as happy with this as the Sbish. Since it's cheaper I'll be getting more gmf.

michelle142 09-04-2012 11:31 AM

I've had the best success with Kawaii Good Night Heavy Wetters using both inserts

amiecheatham 09-04-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniferleighunc (Post 15635478)
Hey ladies-- I'm sure this question has been posted many, many times, but I need help! My dd is a super soaker at night, and I've tried lots of options to keep from waking up to wet crib sheets and jammies. Itti bitti boo fitteds and a Kawaii cover has worked very well, but baby's skin isn't too happy with it. BG Freetimes worked well too, but I've had stink issues with them (no issues with my 4.0's, weird). Any of you used a pocket/all in one at night with success? TIA! :banghead:

a fitted plus a good cover is the best bet. if your daughter's skin can't handle having moisture directly against her skin but a fleece liner in the diaper and your problem is solved. =]

jenniferleighunc 09-04-2012 07:20 PM

Thanks ladies! I haven't even thought about the fleece liner, I have tons of them not even being used! Love this board : )

iheartua07 09-04-2012 08:26 PM

I use a BG 4.0 with a hemp doubler which has always worked fine for us.

bopbop 09-06-2012 11:08 AM

I'm waiting to get home to test out my first Sbish. But what's worked in the last two months for us is a cotton prefold, a bamboo insert from alva(the 100% bamboo ones not the bamboo MF blend) and a PUL cover with leg gussets.
DD is a super soaker at night. I tried pockes, Mutliple MF inserts, flip organics, nothing else worked. I am excited to try my Sbish as I keep hearing great things and want to make sure they work before I invest in some more.

bopbop 09-06-2012 11:08 AM

I'm waiting to get home to test out my first Sbish. But what's worked in the last two months for us is a cotton prefold, a bamboo insert from alva(the 100% bamboo ones not the bamboo MF blend) and a PUL cover with leg gussets.
DD is a super soaker at night. I tried pockes, Mutliple MF inserts, flip organics, nothing else worked. I am excited to try my Sbish as I keep hearing great things and want to make sure they work before I invest in some more.

mrneilandamanda 09-08-2012 12:31 PM

We've had luck just using a BG 4.0, with its normal insert and a bamboo insert (off ebay). We also don't have any issues using a flip cover, with flip staydry insert and a bamboo insert (off ebay). Both inserts are soaked in the morning.