Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Lots of pain "down there" (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439585)

happysmileylady 09-04-2012 09:39 AM

Lots of pain "down there"

Coming up on 6 weeks left. This kid has always been low, like from conception. But it's getting to the point where I feel like he's trying to bang his way out now.

I am getting quite a bit of pain down in my cervix whenever I am standing and walking. Actually, even sitting can be painful at times. The only thing that relieves it is laying down.

It's not like super intense pain and feels like a "normal pregnancy pain" to me, so I am not worried. It's just that it's making it difficult to really get much done. The action of just getting up off the couch causes it to start shooting, which then makes it difficult to walk.

Anyone have any suggestions for dealing with this so that I can get some stuff done. I can't spend the next six week laying around.

Nerissa 09-04-2012 09:42 AM

Re: Lots of pain "down there"

DDC-- I have no advise but can say I feel for you,. This one has caused me some pretty good pain "down there". At times I swear his/her fingers are clawing at my cirvex. I thouhg maybe it ment early dialation (both my boys were early) but nope at 36.5 weeks only dialated to 1.

Hang in there. I have done a lot more laying around the last few weeks. Than i did with either of the boys.

clatchford2011 09-04-2012 02:01 PM

I don't know what to say but I can relate. I am 30 weeks and I honestly don't see going in November. I swear he is coming next month. I am having cramps, contractions, pubic pain, and pressure in my girl parts. I also was about finger tip dilated at 26 weeks which isn't a lot but I am having my OB recheck me and get an ultrasound to be sure we got our info right because I have this strange feeling me measuring 3 weeks ahead every appointment isn't just because. My original EDD was October 9th but I don't know.

boekesec 09-05-2012 03:12 PM

I don't know either, but I too have a lot of pain "down there" and really the only thing that helps is laying down as much as possible. If it were swelling/aching there are things you can do, but I'm not sure about the shooting pains. Have you asked your doc/mw about it? They might have some advice (which I'm sure we'd all like to hear too! :mrgreen:)

Jenell24 09-06-2012 03:47 PM

I think it feels worse the more kids you've had. Just my experience! I've been feeling it a couple weeks now and it's awful!! I feel ya momma! It's almost like I can feel the 'ring of fire' not fun!

alaskamum 09-12-2012 03:18 PM

Same thing here, the only thing I have found to help is wearing my support belt. It helps lift the weight of the baby off my pelvis a little. I just don't wear it out of the house b/c my shirts don't quite cover it anymore.

clatchford2011 09-12-2012 07:59 PM

oh btw the exercise ball or birthing ball is awesome! Relieves a lot of pain.

Rainfall 09-12-2012 08:39 PM

Ooh, I was having those same pains a couple of weeks ago. Nothing except laying down helped, either. Unfortunately for me though, my baby flipped to breech and has been hanging out transverse and breech since. The pains have completely gone away and I am soo wishing for those pains again so I would know baby was head down like s/he should be. :giggle2:

mamagreenbumm 10-06-2012 03:45 AM

I'm right there with ya...getting up, sitting or shifting positions in bed can be super painful. It feels like a soreness you'd feel if someone had hit me right in the hoo-ha. I've felt this for the last 5 weeks and no signs of letting up :/ Guess it's good practice for labor...