Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of September 3rd (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439590)

Love4leon 09-04-2012 08:48 AM

Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of September 3rd

This thread is for women that have children who are trying to have more and struggling with infertility (IF). You fall into the IF category if you have been trying for more than a year or if you have known fertility issues. Some have secondary IF and some have primary IF. Some of us are TTC naturally and some need treatments of some type. All are welcome!

We also have women who are praying to make it. Due to prior losses or IF they don't feel like they should join a due date board till after the first 12 weeks. We are truly happy to support you as you transition. Please just keep in mind that we are a group of woman struggling with IF and be sensitive to that as you post. If you put a pregnancy ticker or smiley in your signature, please turn off your signature when you post in this thread. Thank you!

Please note: When your information needs to be updated, please highlight the area that needs to be updated. This will make it easier for me to update you. :goodvibes:

If you'd like to be added please post your info using the format below. Please note: I remove names if you are inactive for one month. This really helps keep the list more manageable, if you would like to be added back, just repost your info. :D

Women TTC: :ttc: :noaf:

Screen Name (Real Name): 3 Ladybugs (Jennifer)
Current Children and age: 3 lost children (July, August 2006, January 2007),M/C 9/2007, 1 living son 9/2008, M/C and lost frostie 7/2012
Diagnosis: Unexplained infertility to start with, now in menopause due to chemo, also had pelvic radiation that complicates things a bit.
Treatment and meds: Have 3 frozen embryos (my last 5 bits of hope), low dose aspirin, prenatal vitamin with low Vit. E, Estrace (orally and vaginally), progesterone in oil, and Prometrium. Have port cath flushes every 6-8 weeks.
Next Appointment: 9/5 Ultrasound and bloodwork, 9/10 FET, Beta 9/15, Oncologist on 10/17
Cycles TTC another: Got cleared to do my FET back in 11/10 pending oncologist telling my RE I didn't have cancer... turns out I did. So have been waiting since then to get to this point. It took 2 years 7 months for first cycle after cancer, now working on second cycle.

Name: flynnsmom/ Lilo (real name)
Current children: 3 year old DS
Losses: I think several very early MCs
Diagnosis: none yet
Next apt: none yet
Cycles TTC: on and off for 3 years as frustration permits. During an 8 yr. marriage have only prevented 6 months

Screen Name (Real Name): School123 (Lizzie)
Current Children and age: DD1 11, DS1 age 8, DS2 age 2.5
Lost Children and dates: 9 mc
Diagnosis: secondary infertility, unexplained
Next appointment: None
Cycles TTC another: too long, then decided we were done, then surprise +HPT, then another mc

Screen Name (Real Name): amyltc (Amy)
Current Children and age: DD1 Allie, age 6, DD2 Hannah age 4
Lost Children and dates: none
Diagnosis: Endometriosis, surgery to remove 9/14/10, tipped uterus, mostly unexplained infertility, subclinical hypothyroidism Medsthyroid)
Next appointment: None
Cycles TTC another: about 3 years

Screen Name (Real Name): Hope4More (Mel)
Current Children and age: Jake, 20 mos
Diagnosis: PCOS, was told at 14 years old I would never have children, I do not ovualte EVER without intervention
Treatment and meds: Magnesium, turmeric, DCI, Vitex
Next Appointment: Tuesday, August 14th, to discuss my PCOS and regulating my cycles: I plan to bring up met and progesterone cream.
Cycles TTC another: With Jake it took us 9 months (4 cycles).

Screen Name (Real Name): meeshkasheeba (Tina)
Current Children and age: DS1 5 DS2 3
Lost Children and Dates: 8 Wk Miscarriage Jan, '07
Diagnosis: stage IV endometriosis and PCOS
Treatment and meds: multiple surgeries, Lupron x 6mo started 5/3, metformin, gluten free diet, and a slew of vitamins

Screen Name (Real Name): jacquelinemarie82 (Jacqueline)
Current Children and age: Jasmine, 2 years old (2/10/2010)
Lost Children and Dates: N/A
Diagnosis: male infertility
Treatment and meds: Clomid / IUI cycle #3
Next Appointment: Currently in 2ww
Cycles TTC another:

Screen Name (Real Name): ingrid5699 (Ingrid)
Age (DH): 41 (ME) 37
Current Children and age: Patrick, 5 years, Aurelia 3 years
Lost Children and dates: triplets Nov. 2004, baby B May 2006, latest little angel 2'12
Diagnosis: Me: endometriosis and immunological issues, DH: male factor
Treatment and Meds: fresh IVF #9 done, too many meds to list
Next appointment: retrieval was May 31st, transfer set for June 4th
Cycles TTC another: never prevented, 3 FET failures, 1 fresh cycle failure, one m/c after the 2nd fresh cycle this time around

Screen Name (Real Name): finleyjudemommy (Susan)
Age (DH): 47 (ME) 36
Current Children and age: B/G twins 6 and YDD 4
Lost Children and dates: M/C March 04, M/C June 09, Chemical Feb 10 and stillborn October 10
Next appointment: Need to get my thryoid under control before I can move on...hopeful that will be soon. Hopefully will be able to start Lupron as soon as next cycle starts.
Cycles TTC another: Entirely too many to count

Screen Name (Real Name): love4leon (Rebecca)
Current Children and age: Winnie 5 years
Diagnosis: Endometriosis (Me) DH diagnosed with Low sperm count, low motility, and liquidation. 5/11 diagnosed with testicular cancer. Finished chemo August 2011
Treatment and meds: IUI done 1/2/2011, 2/5/2011, 3/2011, 4/2011 Clomid days 5-9, trigger shot and IUI on 2/14/2012,IVF starts June- Egg retrieval June 20th
Next Appointment: June 8th
Cycles TTC another: 27 cycles, but well over 2 years (took a break during cancer treatments

Screen Name (Real Name): carlaross (Carla)
Current children and ages: Zach 17, Jarrod 16, Griffin 2 (12-28-09)
Diagnosis: DH had vasectomy '99 (previous marriage), reversal 3/09. Immediately (9 days after surgery) and had my LO 12-28-09. Never used birth control, began TTC another immediately after 1st PPAF, 8/10. After 15 cycles, we began a fertility workup and were devastated to find out he has complete scarring of the reversal site and a zero sperm count. :(
Cycles TTC another: since Aug 2010
Next appointment: January 9 (with my ob/gyn to begin my fertility workup and discuss options)

Screen Name (Real Name): slimy72 (Laurel)
Current Children and age: DS 4yo
Lost Children and Dates: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011
Diagnosis: Endometriosis, do not ovulate regularly. Dh- MS, Celiacs, Ulcerative colitis, low count, poor morphology and motility, but that is suspected due to current medications, will be re-evaluated once off them. Is now off them and it is partially recovered.
Treatment and meds: Clomid, provera, prometrium, baby aspirin and a host of supplements and vitamins. Laprascope '09, lupron shots '09, trying out acupuncture and chiropractic right now too.
Next Appointment: August 27, first appt with new RE
Cycles TTC another: 4 1/2 yrs for DS, 3 1/2 yrs so far for #2.

Screen Name
(Real Name): sdavis514 (Sarah)
Current Children and age: one DS age 5
Lost Children and Dates: none
Diagnosis: We were NTNP for 4 years, diagnosed with PCOS in 2003 and put on clomid from 9/04-1/05, no results, took break and became pregnant with DS with no intervention in Aug 2006. Recent blood work suggested no insulin resistance. Clomid again 9/11-1/12. BFNs IUI cycle in April 2012 - BFN and May 2012 - BFN, July 2012 sono-HSG - clear
Treatment and meds: Clomid 100 mg cd 3-9, ovidrel trigger shot and progesterone suppositories ( not sure yet what the protocol will be for next cycle)
Next Appointment: Call when AF shows and start clomid, u/s cd 12 to check follicle sizes
Cycles TTC another: NTNP for 4 years, Actively TTC since Jan 11

Screen Name (Real Name): JCPACandMommy (Carissa)
Current Children and age: one DS age3.5
Diagnosis: PCOS as of Jan '12 but I am ovulating New said to have Old Ovaries and No PCOS?
Treatment and meds: Femara 5mg once daily CD4-8,Metfomin 500mg 3x dialy, Prenatal Daily, HCG trigger ~CD12 New Treatment this month: Follistim CD 3-8, Estrace CD8-11, Ovadril Trigger CD9, IUI CD11, Endometrin CD 15 till they tell me to stop!

Next Appointment:
May 30 US for Folllie check then Trigger then IUI
Cycles TTC another:
Mirena Out April 5, 2011 was NTNP till Aug, then active TTC since then with No luck we are on Cycle #13

Women Pregnant and praying to make it. :crossfingers: :preggo: :pray: If you need to be added to this list please give your EDD and the date you will be 12 weeks. Thank you! To find out how many weeks you are use this link.

Screen name (Real Name): Melmonkey (Mel)
Children and ages: girl almost 18 months
Losses: none
Diagnosis: unexplained
Treatment: Clomid 50mg cd 3-7
Next Appt: don't have one, hopefully in the next few months we'll be doing OB/Gyn appts again!
Cycles TTC another: AF showed Dec 2010....we have not prevented since then....

Screen Name (Real Name):lalakiwi7 (Liesl - pronounced leesal)
Age (SO): 26 and hubby is 26, Happily married for 6 yrs. Together for 11.
Current Children and age: Noah is our oldest, adopted lil man - 6yrs old. Frances is our first born who just turned 3.
Lost child: early losses 7/2011 & 11/2007
Diagnosis: Stage four endometriosis
Treatment and meds: Just had endo surgery in Jan and finished three rounds of depot lupron. Now waiting for AF. After that Femera 5mg, HCG trigger, and progesterone after O and decadron.
Next Appointment: Will be a follie scan CD 12 once I start AF again.
TTC: Since Francy was a baby.... more than 2.5 years

Screen Name (Real Name): yellowitchgrl (Sarah)
Current Children and age: Andrew-7, Luke-4
Lost Children and Dates: Zach (15w, 7/09), Toby (12w, 12/09), Simon (14w, 6/11)
Diagnosis: I'm perfectly healthy, so are the babies (except they're dead)
Treatment and meds: Praying and some extra folic acid (my idea, not docs)
Next Appointment: Not bothering.
Cycles TTC another: Not trying, but not preventing either

Screen Name (Real Name): Psylion (Alanna)
Age (DH): 37 (ME) 38
Diagnosis:high FSH and DOR
Treatment and meds: this will be our third injectables cycle with iui, the first two were with letrozole and menopur and this one is just menopur and metformin
Current Children and age: Sequoia is 4 1/2
Lost Children and dates: early MC 2/12
Next appointment: ?
Cycles TTC another: we only prevented a few months since DD was born
EDD: 12/12/12
12 weeks: May 30, 2012[/COLOR]

Screen Name (Real Name): GracieMak'sMama (Sara)
Current Children and age: one DD age 2(almost)
Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility
Treatment and meds: Natural diet
Cycles TTC another: Almost a full year.
EDD: Oct 9th
12 weeks: 3/26

:hide: :cheerleader2: Lurkers/Waiting to TTC/Graduates/Cheerleaders :hide: :cheerleader2:

Screen name (Real Name): Fleece Be With You (Jessica)
Children and ages: Hunter, born 9-18-09
Losses: none
Diagnosis: Celiac disease (unconfirmed, but a safe assumption at this point)
Treatment: Very limited version of GAPS diet, digestive enzymes, vitamin supplements
Next Appt: Seeing my chiropractor next week to look into my cortisol/adrenal issues.
Cycles TTC another: We haven't been preventing since Hunter was born.

Screen Name (Real Name): Harmony96 (Andrea)
Current Children and age: DD (5), DS (29m)
Lost Children and Dates: ^i^ DS 11/27/11-12/24/11
Diagnosis: No official diagnosis, but currently having short luteal phases (6-7 days). Probably is just what my body "does" for its first few postpartum cycles.
Treatment and meds: Prenatal, folic acid, iron, several other supplements. Also trying to eat right and exercise (and hopefully lose about 15 pounds, but none of that has happened yet).
Next Appointment: N/A
Cycles TTC another: Lost baby was a c-section, had VBAC consult in March '12 and was told we could go ahead and try again if we felt ready.

Screen Name (Real Name): Hannah Elise (errr.. Hannah... hehe)
Diagnosis: non-celiac gluten intolerant, malabsorption of nutrients
Treatment and meds: Gluten-free diet. Supplementing with Metagest (stomach acids and enzymes to improve proper digestion), aloe vera gel, and probiotics. Current Children and age: Asher (aka "Wee Goon"), 12.5 months
Cycles: 12/4/11, 1/12/12, 2/11/12, 3/20/12

Screen Name (Real Name): Vegan Princess (Cindy)
Age (SO):32
Current Children and age: Child 1: 2.5 yrs
Lost Children and dates: Chemical pregnancy (11/10), miscarriage at 9.5 weeks (5/11), possible chemical pregnancy (9/11)
Diagnosis: Diminished ovarian reserve for me. Moderate or severe male factor (depending on who you ask) for DH
Treatment and Meds:Beginning 2nd IUI cycle w/5mg femara, ovidrel trigger and prometrium. Will do this cycle and one more IUI and then meet with doctor to discuss IVF or using donor egg. - Moved to IVF
Next appointment: Follicle scan on 9/ 29. IUI on 10/1 or thereabouts. Will meet with RE to discuss game plan again in November.
Cycles TTC another: Had IUD removed 4/10 but really have been trying since 6/10.

Screen name (Real Name): heatherlovesCD's (Heather)
Children and ages: boy 6, Twins girl/boy 4, Twins boy/boy 22 months.
Losses: March '07
Diagnosis: severe male factor infertility
Treatment: IVF/FET, 1 fresh IVF cycle = 1 boy. FET's = 1 early m/c, 2 sets of twins, 1 BFN
Cycles TTC another: I don't keep track. We have been TTC since 11/10.
Due date: Oct 15th
Date I'll be 12wks: 4/2/12

Screen Name (Real Name): Sillyutalktome (Jeanette)
Current Children and age: Dd - M - 6/08
Lost Children and Dates: Etopic 7/09 (8 weeks) Possible chemical 6/10
Diagnosis: tubal infertility & male factor
Treatment and meds:1st IVF 10/18/11 BFN, FET planned for January
BFP: 2/7/12
EDD: 10/12/12[/QUOTE]

Screen Name (Real Name): Wordmama (Lucy)
Lost children: 8 early miscarriages, Libi (8 week ectopic, March 2011)
Diagnosis: Damaged right tube for me, poor morphology for DH
Treatment and meds:Prayer, maca, zinc
Cycles TTC another: Over a year
EDD: June 18, 2012

Screen Name (Real Name): Dewberri (joy)
Lost Children and dates: Dec. 2010 (6 wks); June 2011 (Kayle(e), 11wks)
Diagnosis: ANA, nonspecific
Treatment: Aspirin daily, Progesterone till 10 weeks
EDD: June 14, 2012

Screen Name (Real Name):
Liz*RN*BSN (Elizabeth)
Lost Children: 5 early m/c
Diagnosis: PCOS, Recurrent Miscarriage, Factor 5 Leiden Clotting Disorder
Treatment and meds: Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Metformin, PNV, Endometrin
TTC: Over 1 year

Screen Name (Real Name): Meldo (Melissa)
Losses: 1
Diagnosis: DH has low sperm count/motility. Both of our kids were IVF/ICSI babies.
Cycles TTC another: It's our 8th (and last) IVF cycle.
EDD: May 1, 2012

3 ladybugs 09-04-2012 09:22 AM

Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of September 3rd

Thanks for starting a new thread! I guess I should update a part. :blush:

Current Children and age: 3 lost children (July, August 2006, January 2007),M/C 9/2007, 1 living son 9/2008, M/C and lost frostie 7/2012
Treatment and meds: Have 3 frozen embryos (my last 3 bits of hope), low dose aspirin, prenatal vitamin with low Vit. E, Estrace (orally and vaginally), progesterone in oil, and Prometrium. Have port cath flushes every 6-8 weeks.
Next Appointment: 9/5 Ultrasound and bloodwork, 9/10 FET, Beta 9/15, Oncologist on 10/17
Cycles TTC another: Got cleared to do my FET back in 11/10 pending oncologist telling my RE I didn't have cancer... turns out I did. So have been waiting since then to get to this point. It took 2 years 7 months for first cycle after cancer, now working on second cycle.

JCPACandMommy 09-04-2012 02:19 PM

Hey Mama's!
Im still just waiting! Im 10dpo and can't wait till Saturday to test! I don't want to get my hopes up too much in fear I will get them crushed...KWIM...
I have had two very strange and Bizzare dreams! One I had a baby girl but was delivered by the Internal Med Doc I work with and the other that I had a BFP but then turned into a steamy dream with Hubby :blush:!! LOL
My BB's are sore but that could be the Progesterone im guessing? And had some cramping before with a three day headache about 4 days ago it finally went away!
Really don't know what to think but I hope I get GOOD news and a BFP on Saturday!

JCPACandMommy 09-04-2012 02:25 PM

UpDate:
Screen Name (Real Name): JCPACandMommy (Carissa)
Current Children and age: one DS age3.5
Diagnosis: PCOS as of Jan '12 but I am ovulatingNew said to have Old Ovaries and No PCOS?
Treatment and meds: Femara 5mg once daily CD4-8,Metfomin 500mg 3x dialy, Prenatal Daily, HCG trigger ~CD12 New Treatment this month: Follistim CD 3-8, Estrace CD8-11, Ovadril Trigger CD9, IUI CD11, Endometrin CD 15 till they tell me to stop!

Next Appointment: CD 1 for US if no BFP Saturday Sept 8th!
Cycles TTC another: Mirena Out April 5, 2011 was NTNP till Aug, then active TTC since then with No luck we are on Cycle #13

slimy72 09-04-2012 02:26 PM

Another blood draw this afternoon. Not even really sure what I"m hoping for at this point. Sure I'd like awesome news like the tech forgot a 1 on my last draw and everything is fine but I know that won't happen. I guess at this point the best I can hope for is it's over as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Love4leon 09-04-2012 04:33 PM

Thinking of you Laurel.

Turns out I have a huge cyst so we can't do the FET this cycle. Back to waiting.

JCPACandMommy 09-04-2012 04:33 PM

Im so sorry mama :hugs: :pray: for you Laurel and Love4Leon

slimy72 09-05-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love4leon (Post 15637859)
Thinking of you Laurel.

Turns out I have a huge cyst so we can't do the FET this cycle. Back to waiting.

I'm so sorry, now I'm about in tears for both of us! I sure hope they can get it taken care of so you can have your FET soon.

AFM, yesterday's number was 23, so down 10 more "points" from the 33 on Sunday. I'm waiting for a call from the dr. this morning on what the plan is. They originally told me they wanted an early ultrasound this week either way. So we'll see if that's still the plan. I'm taking tomorrow off work no matter what is going on. I need a day home to just destress.

3 ladybugs 09-05-2012 03:27 PM

JCPACandMommy - That sounds very promising!! Fingers crossed for you! I can't wait to see your blaring BFP on Saturday!

Love4leon - :banghead::banghead: NOOOOO!!!!! This isn't fair!!! You must be waiting for an EXTRA special baby with all your set backs! :hugs:

slimy72 - Well that is impressive that it is going down quickly at least. I can't imagine they want to do an ultrasound now. It would serve no purpose. Maybe they are wanting it for your monitoring cycle?? Good luck resting tomorrow!

AFM - I got clearance today to do my transfer on Monday. My RE said my lining was a bit thinner then they would like but still in the range to get pregnant (6.8). So he is upping my estrogen (so DH and DS will have to watch out!) and putting me on all the standard stuff starting tonight. So that should be good. Tomorrow is a busy day for us, farm in the morning, school then church at night so we don't need to go Sunday. So don't think I forgot about everyone if I don't reply tomorrow. I really have too much on my plate! :giggle:

slimy72 09-05-2012 08:15 PM

I think they were thinking of doing an ultrasound even if it went down because I'm having so much pain and cramping and have had right from the start so they were originally worried about it bouncing around and it being ectopic. But they said with it going down steadily they aren't as worried. So now the plan is to repeat blood work in a week and make sure it's down to 0 and if I haven't bled on my own then next week they will look at what to do next. I feel like crap tonight though, have all day. Tired and grumpy and crampy, my poor family just really needs to stay away from me, but then I cry because I"m lonely. They just can't win. I took a comp day tomorrow from work and assuming I feel better my mom and I are going to go shopping and maybe out to lunch or something fun. Then that night we're heading up to the farm to pick tomatoes and my mom is going to can salsa for me tomorrow. She's done 2 bushels of peaches for me the last two days.