Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Breathable panty-liners...some ?'s... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439792)

Mummandherboys 09-04-2012 05:18 PM

Breathable panty-liners...some ?'s...

Hi Ladies :)

I just discovered that I have a yeast infection and after talking to the nurse today, realized that I might be at more risk of these this time around...
So, I have been wearing what looks like a women's jock strap for my vulvar veins that get quite bad during pregnancies... and though it has been so wonderful for relieving some pain and pressure down there, it doesn't allow things to "breath" down there and I already have been overally discharge-y this whole pregnancy! Plus, I've been wearing small panty-liners all throughout the day because everything is so wet down there and then my undies get really wet too :yuck:

SO...long story to ask... are there panty-liners out there that are more breathable or do you think everything I would add to that area is just going to add to the area being stuffy and too moist?? I have some cloth pads that I love, but they are all too absorbent and big for discharge...plus I think I have mostly minky-topped styles, which wouldn't breath overally well for daily use either, right??

Any thoughts?? Anyone have similar issues??

Just thought I would see what my options are! :)

peaches330 09-04-2012 05:33 PM

Re: Breathable panty-liners...some ?'s...

No suggestions, but I know a lot of mama cloth makers also sell pantiliners. I do think a cloth pad/pantiliner that's not PUL backed, regardless of what it's topped with, would be more breathable than a regular disposable pantiliner since those are all going to be plastic backed.

weesej 09-04-2012 07:09 PM

Yes, I would also think an all cloth pantyliner rather than anything sposie or not that has plastic or PUL would help. Also change it every 2-3 hours just to stay on top of things. I understand about the veins....no fun!

almostcrunchy 09-04-2012 08:48 PM

As previous posters said, you just need a non-waterproof pantyliner, made with just a few layers (2 or 3) of cotton material.

Avoid anything topped with Minky or Fleece. It will be "warm" and further aggravate a yeasty situation ;)

My_Tree_Grows 09-04-2012 09:38 PM

Did you get the It's You Babe V2? I'm using my light LunaPads, all cotton, if that helps. And the standard eating yogurt, avoiding refined sugar advice, which you probably already know. :D

rachaeljohnson 09-05-2012 08:38 AM

maybe just serge some cotton...honestly though change cotton underwear several times a day...pita but works.

You Tell 'Em 09-05-2012 11:51 AM

I've been using some of the cotton flannel pads I made myself from old receiving blankets (pre-pregnancy) when I need to, that way I don't have to change undies multiple times. They were super quick/easy to make since after using cloth I can't stand sposie pads :blush:

Mummandherboys 09-05-2012 03:31 PM

Thanks Ladies... maybe I'll be on the lookout for a few all cotton thin pads... ya, I think all the ones I have are minky topped... thanks for your thoughts :)

Mummandherboys 09-05-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My_Tree_Grows (Post 15639088)
Did you get the It's You Babe V2? I'm using my light LunaPads, all cotton, if that helps. And the standard eating yogurt, avoiding refined sugar advice, which you probably already know. :D

That might be the one... Its the V2 support from prenatal cradle I believe... it's wonderful... do you wear one of these as well?
Yes, I've been upping the yogurt and trying to cut out more sugar... good thought :)
Tell me about your Lunapads...I am not familiar...

My_Tree_Grows 09-05-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mummandherboys (Post 15642471)
That might be the one... Its the V2 support from prenatal cradle I believe... it's wonderful... do you wear one of these as well?
Yes, I've been upping the yogurt and trying to cut out more sugar... good thought :)
Tell me about your Lunapads...I am not familiar...

That's the one! Man, I kept going back and forth on the V2 and ended up ordering the Mini Cradle only for now, but I put it on my Black Friday shopping list. :giggle2:

Lunapads are a Canadian brand of mama cloth which I really like, they snap around, with multiple "inserts" per pad, and they do long and heavy versions which I have, too. You can get a sample pantiliner right now for $5 USD shipping only, I believe. http://lunapads.com/free-pantyliner-sample.html If you like it and want to order more, then search for a coupon code online first. They're pricey, but they always have discounts hiding somewhere. :D