Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   GMD Workhorse Cloth Diaper Users.. I have a question for you (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440043)

Kabuki24 09-05-2012 09:25 AM

GMD Workhorse Cloth Diaper Users.. I have a question for you

So we've been struggling with night time cloth diapering for quite some time. My son is 17 months and very addicted to bottles still and in all honestly, I don't know how to put him to bed without a bottle and I'm scared to even try.

We've tried bamboo fitteds at night, but I don't like the stink in the morning. We've tried quite a few things actually, but nothing works. Pockets do not work either. I've tried many.

He's a tummy sleeper the whole night, keep in mine.

I bought a couple of the new organic workhorse fitteds with 2 of the clothese doublers and an Sbish wool soaker.

Is this combo night worthy for a tummy sleeper that has a good 7 -8 oz a fluid before bed (he gets a 5oz bottle and before that he ususally has some water and a snack before bed).

greencrunchymama 09-05-2012 10:22 AM

Re: GMD Workhorse Cloth Diaper Users.. I have a question for you

I use workhorses during the day but at night we use Motherease Sandy's (the organic cotton ones). I've been using them with no doubler and not had a problem. You could always add doublers or a padfolded flat.

I would be tempted to give your combo a try one night to see if it would work. I've used WHs with a hemp doubler at night no problem! :)

rumblepurr 09-05-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencrunchymama (Post 15641246)
I use workhorses during the day but at night we use Motherease Sandy's (the organic cotton ones). I've been using them with no doubler and not had a problem. You could always add doublers or a padfolded flat.

I would be tempted to give your combo a try one night to see if it would work. I've used WHs with a hemp doubler at night no problem! :)

^^ This. We only use flats at night, pad folded in whatever diaper we are using, and throw them in a bucket to rinse in the mornings. Morning pee is strong and hard to wash out of fitteds when they are older. Certainly try what you have and see if it works. You can always add more doublers if you need it.

garness 09-05-2012 02:23 PM

I'd try it with two doublers and see if it works.

momma_dna 09-05-2012 02:51 PM

We aren't able to. To make it night worthy we had to stuff it and it was just way too bulky and I struggled to get a snug closure on the legs. I gave up trying to use then at night when we had a few accidents because of those gaps and his pee rolling off the fleece lined insert onto me while nursing at night.

Kabuki24 09-05-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momma_dna (Post 15642546)
We aren't able to. To make it night worthy we had to stuff it and it was just way too bulky and I struggled to get a snug closure on the legs. I gave up trying to use then at night when we had a few accidents because of those gaps and his pee rolling off the fleece lined insert onto me while nursing at night.

Well, I'll probably be selling them after reading all these replies. I really have no use for fitteds except for night.

njuhan 09-06-2012 12:59 PM

I'd guess it probably won't be enough. My son is 11 mo. old and a tummy sleeper and even soaks through an sbish fitted at night and those things absorb like crazy.

Kabuki24 09-06-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njuhan (Post 15646839)
I'd guess it probably won't be enough. My son is 11 mo. old and a tummy sleeper and even soaks through an sbish fitted at night and those things absorb like crazy.

An Sbish snapless fitted with both inserts and fleece longies over did work, I just couldn't handle the smell in the morning. Something about bamboo....

FriedaT 09-06-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabuki24

Well, I'll probably be selling them after reading all these replies. I really have no use for fitteds except for night.

We use a brown edge WH fitted (it's a little big) with a size 2 Thirsties hemp insert folded in half under the soaker flap underneath a Disana wool soaker for our heavy wetting 21 lb 14 mo. It's pretty soaked on nights that she nurses a lot, but if she only nurses once or twice through the night then the back is still a little dry by morning.