Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why are used gmd flats going for more on FSOT than the store? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440475)

7arrows4God 09-06-2012 12:27 PM

Why are used gmd flats going for more on FSOT than the store?

I would like to save some money but it is more am I missing something?

marliah 09-06-2012 12:29 PM

Re: Why are used gmd flats going for more on FSOT than the store?

I was wondering the same thing :headscratch: maybe because shipping is high in them? Gmd has flat rate shipping so probably best to just get them new. I've been tossing around the idea of getting another dozen...

FriedaT 09-06-2012 12:31 PM

I would assume because they're so heavy to ship. It's not really worth it to buy/sell flats or prefolds used because of high shipping costs.

2+2macht4 09-06-2012 12:31 PM

Shipping on prefolds and flats is very high, people pay extra for convience they do not need prepping.

I have always bought new from cotton babies with free shipping, but I am not willing to pay gmd prices for prefolds or flats.

jessnye 09-06-2012 12:33 PM

The mediums are discontinued so they may go for more. Otherwise, not sure... I know it sucks to sell prefolds/flats you have to ship, but if stuff is in stock and cheaper new, not sure why anyone thinks they're going to sell- flats aren't hard to rpep like prefolds, after all.

7arrows4God 09-06-2012 12:42 PM

Mariah, would you still highly recommend gmd over walmart brands or others ? Which have you tried?

Others are very welcomed to answer this question as well.

Very much appreciated

FriedaT 09-06-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7arrows4God (Post 15646745)
Mariah, would you still highly recommend gmd over walmart brands or others ? Which have you tried?

Others are very welcomed to answer this question as well.

Very much appreciated

I've tried GMD, DR, and OsoCozy and GMD are hands down my favorite. I'm tempted to get some flour sack towels to try as doublers, but I think I'd rather just get more flats. My GMD's are larger and thicker so they seem more absorbent to me. My DR's are softer, but I usually just use them as doublers now that I have enough GMD larges.

sweetest 09-06-2012 12:46 PM

One reason I can think of is that GMD doesn't use paypal... if you are trying to use your paypal balance it is easier to buy on fsot for GMD if you can find it...

I also agree that with prefolds it is worth paying for prepping (I still wouldn't pay over retail though)... and I don't think the prepping argument holds for flats - they are so much easier to prep IMO.

Jen's_4 09-06-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriedaT (Post 15646768)
I've tried GMD, DR, and OsoCozy and GMD are hands down my favorite. I'm tempted to get some flour sack towels to try as doublers, but I think I'd rather just get more flats. My GMD's are larger and thicker so they seem more absorbent to me. My DR's are softer, but I usually just use them as doublers now that I have enough GMD larges.

YES!! GMD are awesome. They aren't as soft as DR but the sizing is better and the edges of my DR roll like crazy. I didn't care for OsoCozy at all, but still use them in a pinch. They seem rougher and less absorbant. Flour sack towels are fine, and a great way to cloth diaper on the cheap, or blanket flat are too. If you are looking to save, I would do flour sacks or blanket flats, but GMDs are much nicer. But whatever you do, do NOT buy flats (in the baby aisle) from walmart. Or target, or whatever.

7arrows4God 09-06-2012 12:58 PM

Why not Walmart? Well I just made an order for workhorse diapers and shipping is high for us. Then asked but she will not ship the flats out because of the cost and I could get cheaper flats but if they are better than the others then what am I suppose to do?