Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Dec (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   back pain hip pain (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440798)

angel nee nee 09-07-2012 10:38 AM

back pain hip pain

I'm having a bad hip pain. I think it's from joint changing.
I have this pain every day and sometimes can't stand up.

Anyone have a good advice on how to manage the pain?

Emmers22185 09-07-2012 12:45 PM

Re: back pain hip pain

I had it with my first and ever since and I only found relief in a chiropractor. Ice helps some, but you probably need adjusted to get things lined back up.

babymakes3.4.5.... 09-07-2012 05:26 PM

I give a major second to seeing a chiropractor! That and professional massage were the only two things that helped with the SI joint pain I had w my 2nd!

keen1981 09-07-2012 05:38 PM

Chiro. Once a week. I am still running about 20 miles a week @26weeks regnant because of the Chiro.

garness 09-07-2012 07:02 PM

I had such severe pain after getting adjusted by the chiro that I was in misery for a week, each time. I am having almost constant pain in my left hip/sacral area anyway. But I thought the chiro would help. She said that I should try a chiro that uses the tool adjustment technique (she doesn't) and she came highly recommended. Her specialty is prenatal and she does the Webster technique, which I need.
I am so discouraged now I don't know what to do.

keen1981 09-07-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garness
I had such severe pain after getting adjusted by the chiro that I was in misery for a week, each time. I am having almost constant pain in my left hip/sacral area anyway. But I thought the chiro would help. She said that I should try a chiro that uses the tool adjustment technique (she doesn't) and she came highly recommended. Her specialty is prenatal and she does the Webster technique, which I need.
I am so discouraged now I don't know what to do.

Have you had a scan? A scan where shoe where you are off and can help hone in. The Webster technique in no bueno for me. But I have found a Chiro who makes my life livable right now. Keep looking. And the Webster is less jarring. You might need that

garness 09-07-2012 07:58 PM

what kind of scan. temperature? Each chiro is so different in how they figure out what to adjust. I have been to many over the years.

keen1981 09-07-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garness
what kind of scan. temperature? Each chiro is so different in how they figure out what to adjust. I have been to many over the years.

I get a scan on just my vertebrae. It shows where I am outta wack. Takes 60 seconds? I believe it is heat, yes. That way I am adjusted to my needs. My Chiro adjusts everyone differently. I watch him adjust others and it's always different.

keonli 09-10-2012 07:20 AM

There are good chiros and bad chiros. I've always had a great experience with chiros and with this pregnancy, a chiro has been a must! I'm going back again this week after 3 months of not needing him.

mistylynn313 11-10-2012 09:52 PM

I have been having horrible pain in what I would call my very low back/more butt or hip area. When I talked to my OB she suggested physical therapy. I've only been to one visit with PT, but I'm set up to see the therapist once a week. She gave me 3 exercises to do to help. She said I have illiosacral dysfunction - basically everything is loosening up and slipping out of place from time to time. I'd be happy to email you a scan of the exercises she gave me if you want to PM me with your email addy. I have to admit, I am feeling better and I felt better after just the first visit. I hope you find relief - I know my pain can get so bad it drives me to tears :(