Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hypothyroidism and weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440837)

Mac & Cheeses mom 09-07-2012 12:14 PM

Hypothyroidism and weightloss

Admins- if this is not the right forum please fill free to move to the proper forum.

Ok so I posted a few months back about finding out I have Hypothyroidism in another thread. Now that it has been a few months and I feel to so much better, I need help figuring out my diet.

I have myfitnesspal so I can actually watch my calories, I only weigh once a week so I don't get disappointed. Other than adding atleast 30 min of cardio to my routine a day I have not done much. Is there a better diet food wise that is better than what I am doing now?

A typical day is:

Breakfast:
1egg/2 egg white omelet with 1 slice of cheese
1 yogurt
1 cup of coffee with 2tbs cinn vanilla creamer

Lunch:
Lo cal wrap
Fat free turkey 2 slices
Sliced cheese 2 slices
Cream cheese (vegi) 2tbs

Dinner:
3-4 oz meat
Veggies (typically salad with 2tbs dressing)
Sometimes a starch like potatoes or pasta

Snacks:
Fruit
Pretzels (11)

Drinks:
4-8oz water
32 oz or more diet soda

Again any help would be great! I have heard that gluten free is way better, but I am not sure how to go about that.

l_Kimmie_l 09-07-2012 01:37 PM

Re: Hypothyroidism and weightloss

I am medicated hypo and do more protein, veggies, and fruits. I do only water, no soda or carbs. I have lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks so far. I lost 63 the last time I did it.

Are you on meds?

Mac & Cheeses mom 09-07-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
I am medicated hypo and do more protein, veggies, and fruits. I do only water, no soda or carbs. I have lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks so far. I lost 63 the last time I did it.

Are you on meds?

I am thinking that is what I will have to do. I am on a small dose of meds ( the 17th I get blood work to see if they need to change it before they give me a year supply). I know when I keep my net Cals low (in the 1000) I feel better. I will have to cut out the soda again and the carbs (I don't crave them like I used to.

Mac & Cheeses mom 09-07-2012 02:51 PM

I can't cut carbs out completely, but do you think I would have better results doing carbs at dinner instead?

l_Kimmie_l 09-09-2012 10:25 AM

I would do carbs when you plan to be most active. I have found it easier to lose weight now that I am on meds for it. It does not melt off, but I can lose so much easier than I could when I was not on the meds.

Mac & Cheeses mom 09-09-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

I would do carbs when you plan to be most active. I have found it easier to lose weight now that I am on meds for it. It does not melt off, but I can lose so much easier than I could when I was not on the meds.

Yeah I was going to do carbs mostly at dinner but I think at lunch would be better because I walk for 30 min before I get my oldest from school in the afternoon that would allow me to work it off.

That 1.3 lbs I lost is after being medicated for 2 months, but only actively trying to lose weight for the last 20 days. So that makes me happy. If I can get another lb off before my next appointment then my dr will be happy. I have been stuck in the 240's since having miss M. And in the 200's since a few months after having miss B. I am hoping to have it all gone by next summer. 25 by Jan would be a great start so right now that is my mini goal!

l_Kimmie_l 09-09-2012 12:59 PM

I have a stuck weight too. It drives me crazy. I am trying to get away from the 160s but am struggling.

Mac & Cheeses mom 09-09-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

I have a stuck weight too. It drives me crazy. I am trying to get away from the 160s but am struggling.

I know you can do it! Your soo close.

keen1981 09-09-2012 02:14 PM

Ditch soda.

Mac & Cheeses mom 09-09-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981
Ditch soda.

Yeah did that. Well trying. I don't buy it and I have to stop having it while I'm out too.