Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Sept (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   YAY.. I get to go to the chiropractor! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440944)

Michelle_M 09-07-2012 05:56 PM

YAY.. I get to go to the chiropractor!

Before my DH lost his job, I was going to the chiropractor about every two weeks and LOVED it. It kept me virtually pain free. But then I had to stop going, because we didn't have the insurance to cover it anymore. And then I got put on bed rest... and come to think of it, my BP started going up when I stopped getting adjusted.

Anyway, a friend of mine, Kim... her bff, Jenny, is a chiropractor. Kim talked to Jenny for me. Jenny is going to give me an adjustment next week, at a discounted rate, and is going to let me pay her for it next month!!!

I am SOOO grateful. I told her how grateful I am and she said "Kim said you were really in need of this and I WANT to help you. You really need it."

And my DH hurt his back a few days ago, Jenny is even going to extend this favor to him too!! I'll be 38 weeks on Saturday...I get to go get adjusted on Monday! I'm SOOO excited.

Oh, and Jenny normally doesn't see clients on Mondays, it's her day off... but she's going in just for me! She wants to be sure she gets to me before I go into labor!!!

Such a huge blessing!

God bless!

Mama2McKenna 09-07-2012 06:20 PM

Re: YAY.. I get to go to the chiropractor!

Yay!!! So happy for you! I know that all too well. We've actually been blessed this check to be able to get into to see ours. He's so wonderful and the kids get adjusted for free when I go in for mine!

Michelle_M 09-07-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama2McKenna (Post 15652652)
Yay!!! So happy for you! I know that all too well. We've actually been blessed this check to be able to get into to see ours. He's so wonderful and the kids get adjusted for free when I go in for mine!

That's cool. My Chiro has adjusted each of my kids for free once.. because my 4 yr old BEGS for it. LOL

Normally it's $20 for kids, still not bad.

But yeah, I'm so excited for Monday!!

God bless!

PurpleDaffodil 09-08-2012 11:35 AM

That is such a blessing! I'm going to schedule a visit for mine next week as soon as we know what the doctors plans are with this baby!

omahonycm 09-08-2012 01:58 PM

How nice. I used to get adjusted 2-3x a week but since moving to Ireland I haven't. There have been many times over the last few months that I have longed for a chiro visit. Ah well, you do what you can. Enjoy yours!

marvelous 09-09-2012 09:26 PM

So glad this is working out for you! I went a few times toward the end of my last pregnancy, but haven't done it this time. I know I should since I'm having so much pain in my hips, but....I just haven't. I feel a bit inspired by your post and might try to squeeze it in.

A friend of mine who is a chiro (too bad we don't live near each other) and is passionate about how it can help shorten labor and even help with BFing issues keeps posting articles on FB about it. I read them and get pretty excited, but then don't call to schedule an appt. I should just go.

marvelous 09-09-2012 09:26 PM

So glad this is working out for you! I went a few times toward the end of my last pregnancy, but haven't done it this time. I know I should since I'm having so much pain in my hips, but....I just haven't. I feel a bit inspired by your post and might try to squeeze it in.

A friend of mine who is a chiro (too bad we don't live near each other) and is passionate about how it can help shorten labor and even help with BFing issues keeps posting articles on FB about it. I read them and get pretty excited, but then don't call to schedule an appt. I should just go.

Michelle_M 09-09-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelous (Post 15660476)

You should definitely go! Up until I had to stop going, this was the least painful pregnancy. I literally had no phsyical problems except for occasional nausea.

Now I'm throwing up all the time, having crazy round ligament pain, back/hips/shoulders hurt, BP is up and I was diagnosed with GD.

I can't help but wonder if more than just the lower back and hip pain are here because of no chiropractic care for two months!

God bless!