Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Not feeling the love (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1441)

MommaRhi 04-26-2006 08:46 AM

Not feeling the love

I just havent been using my cloth lately. I have just been in a 'slump' if you want to say that, so its making me not want to do anything.

My laundry room hasnt been cluttered w/ stinky dipes waiting to be washed, I havent had to scrape any poop off anything, I havent had to do several hot rinses to strip bubbles, and I actually like it. :o

Maybe its a break I need but gosh, its actually feeling good. I dont sigh w/ each change knowing that its more laundry that I have to do later! Anyone ever get in these slumps?

Munkey Ciao 04-26-2006 08:47 AM

Re: Not feeling the love

I often wonder WHY I am giving myself extra laundry to do... laundry that stinks if I don't get to it soon enough...

*sigh*

Ontariomama 04-26-2006 08:51 AM

I didn't even USE cloth myself when I started making and selling them! LOL I was selling cloth and taking the money and buying Huggies!

Even if you don't use them anymore, you did for a LONG time, kwim? Andrew would be getting close to PLing now wouldn't he? He's 2? 6 months of huggies won't kill you! lol

OneFabMama 04-26-2006 09:05 AM

^ yeah that ^ I def. get in a slump! Especially since we moved and have to PAY to wash our clothes - its more expensive. So, I used sposies when we're out and about and cloth at home. Which cuts down on the laundry.
But, I def. understand.

Shaineinok 04-26-2006 09:22 AM

Funny! We all get them I imagine! Shhh but I used sposies on our trip even though I have done all cloth before! It was so easy.

havanadaydreamin 04-26-2006 09:27 AM

I haven't been using my cloth that much lately either. She wears sposies at daycare, and I'm too lazy to put cloth on her during the week just at night.

But I am going to do better, just b/c I have all this cloth and I'm still expecting 5 diapers that swtladyfare was making for me.

akrab 04-26-2006 09:28 AM

sorry your in a slump :( I guess I am the odd one out, I love the cloth and enjoy washing it lol nothing wrong with using sposies though. I used them on my 1st 3 kids! Whatever works for you is all that matters :)

MommaRhi 04-26-2006 09:31 AM

well, i may be selling off my pockets because i need cash. I think thats what it has to do with. Me being broke, not using the cloth that i can sell. kwim?
hmph. Andrew will be 2 on Monday. Nick didn't pt til he was over 3, so I am thinking it will be about a yr if that before we are out of dipes.
Huggies! I cant afford those. lol I get the off brand ones where you get like 50 for $6. lol

Melissa 04-26-2006 09:36 AM

try prefolds and covers? that will help save $ or maybe make your own? you can do recylcled fitteds for cheap.

Rememeber I will gladly take those black rainbow longies from you any day!

geminilady 04-26-2006 09:39 AM

I got like that occasionally with DS. I havent had DD long enough to have a slump yet, LOL. I find that a break is usually VERY needed when I get like that. No worries. I find that this is the perfect time to thin my stash.